Books

Discuss other forms of media, i.e. YouTube.
fat-snake
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Books

Post by fat-snake » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:53 am

What are we reading these days?
Currently reading Medium Raw (Anthony Bourdain) and The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexander Dumas)

I keep finding myself going back to some favorites, it would be nice to try something new, if anyone's got a suggestion.

dragonofthewest
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Re: Books

Post by dragonofthewest » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:23 pm

The Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter.
Only allow reason to rule you

fat-snake
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by fat-snake » Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Rad. Those something you're reading now or is that just a recommendation? I do appreciate the reply, either way. :D

Weltall
GOD
GOD

Post by Weltall » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm attempting to get another book from the Enchanterererererer to read. He's still all but hurt that I didn't go for the vampire one.
Insert witty quote here to prove how smart I is.

thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Post by thatanimeguy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Currently I'm trying to read Maho no Kinoya. I read the series when I was a kid but this time I'm trying to read it in Japanese. The books are written in Furigana so I can read it without having to know Kanji.

PWN
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by PWN » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Currently re reading The Wheel of Time series again, this time in audio book fashion since I drive a lot. Also trying to read Discovery of Witches because my wife really wants me to read it. Currently awaiting Oathbringer with bated breath!

DavisHanoi
Not So Newb
Not So Newb
Location: The space between The wicked lies we tell to keep us safe from the pain

Post by DavisHanoi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 am

Currently 're reading Harry Potter
Currently reading: Fantastic Beasts, Harry Potter book 4, Naruto, Bleach, Case Closed, 're reading Black Cat, a Biography about Jack London I can't remember the title of, Doctor Who Silent Stars Go By, David Tennant A Year In The Spotlight, Catherine The Great, The Secret Garden, The King James Bible, Darker Than Black Vol 1, unofficial Narnia Cook Book, Between The Bridge and The River, Gals! Vol 4, Live and Let Die, Monty Python and Philosophy, The Nerdist Way: How To Reach the Next Level, Hikaru no Go,
How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill u, Eyesheild 21, Princes of Tennis, A Scandal in Bohemia, The Ultimate Harry Potter And Philosophy, Doctor Who and Philosophy, Monty Python Speaks, An Angels Kiss: A Melody Malone Mystery, All's Well that Ends Well, Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who Assimilation 2 Vol 1, Box Car Children, Who Do You Think You Are?, Claymore, Craynon Shin-Chan,
Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden, Yugi Oh, Dragin' Balls, Zombie Powder, Whistle!, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure,
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo,

fat-snake
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by fat-snake » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 am

Nice! I haven't read any real books in a while, just been listening to Audible.
There used to have a Borders in my town, and that was about that only book store for two hours in any direction, so I've been a little stingy with buying books. For a long, long time. I have Amazon Prime, it just never seems as exciting as buying a new book/manga in stores.