AP 582 - Where do you get it?

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 582 - Where do you get it?

Post by VicMonado »

What are the avenues you use to watch anime? Are you the traditional sort that uses TV broadcasts and physical media? Do you use streaming platforms and if so, which and why? Perhaps you even use less scrupulous methods (don't worry, I won't tell anyone).

Somewhat inspired by an email sent to Joseph from YotaruVegeta
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 582 - Where do you get it?

Post by xahldera »

My avenues into Anime are a mixture of physical releases (Blurays and DVDs) and... *ahem*... "unofficial online sources". Televisions broadcasts used to be part of this, but since they don't really show Anime on TV in the UK any more, that isn't really a viable avenue.

DISCLAIMER: The person, hereby known as "xahldera", officially states that he has, despite statements to the contrary, never engaged in viewing Japanese Animation, herby referred to as "Anime", using any method outside of any and all official commercial entities and physical media releases, herby referred to as "unofficial online sources". This statement is made for the clarification of all listeners of the Internet based audio programme of Anime Pulse LLC, herby referred to as the "Anime Pulse Podcast" or "AP Podcast".

DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS STATEMENT, NEITHER LISTENERS NOR ANY USERS OF THE "AP PODCAST FORUMS", HEREBY REFERRED TO AS "THE FORUMS", SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST TIME SPENT READING THIS DISCLAIMER OR LISTENING TO THE STATEMENT ON "THE AP PODCAST"), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCTS LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE...

:P
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

All of the above?

We have subscriptions to Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Amazon Prime — and those streaming services seem to satisfy at least 90% of our family needs. Then we also have Netflix DVD (Blu-ray) service for a lot of the physical media needs. AND if we like something good enough, we will purchase it either through iTunes, Amazon or Crunchyroll.

I try not to pirate, and have been 99.9999% successful, but we are _finally_ able to sit down and watch Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel I only because of a torrent (after more than a year trying to buy a legit copy of the blu-ray that finally came out in September) I got so fed up with the scalpers that I wanted to get a viewing completed ASAP before the second movie arrives to theatres in the US next month. (Seriously, WTF is wrong with Aniplex lately?!?!?)

This question is a very funny coincidence given its timing. (Until this weekend, I haven’t had to torrent in literally years!)
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I Try to watch across all platforms: TV to check out dub cast anime, and internet (Netflix mostly). I would like to buy Bluray's/DVD's but they usually cost a lot or they don't put the anime I really like to the medium.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

I've been subscribed to Crunchyroll since late 2016 and use it almost exclusively as my one source for currently airing shows (as well as for some older shows). I also tend to pick up three or so series per year on bluray from a certain swedish nerdy bookstore that I'm sure any swedish anime fan will know very well. Physical copies let me watch stuff on the TV screen and it also lets me fill out my ever cramped bookshelf o' nerdy things. I mean, what's the fun in being a nerd if you can't display your nerdy interests in your home?

-Crooh