VG Pulse 265 Discussion Topic

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VG Pulse 265 Discussion Topic

Post by darkgodakito »

What are your thoughts and opinions about mainstream videogame news sites not properly researching topics before reporting on things? [referencing several mainstream articles that "covered" Scott Cawthon's troll post about a possible delay for FNAF: Sister Location ]
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: VG Pulse 265 Discussion Topic

Post by YotaruVegeta »

Holy poopoodoodoo, the spam! Weltall, come back to us! Uh...Tim, can you do- ah, forget it.

Yeah, games "journalism" is a joke in some spots. I think mostly about Kotaku, because they are the most loose, the most "I'm your buddy, sharing cool stuff with you" kind of site. It bugs me when they simply do not grammar check or proofread. It means that some other things might not be checked, either. You know, like FACTS?

The more journalistic types, like Patrick Kleppeck and Austin Walker? They both work for Vice now! Patrick seemed like he got a lot of hot scoops (ohh, that's why they called him Scoops) and Austin Walker is basically a walking college dissertation. That's the kind of people you respect when you read their stuff. Not that we can't have fun. I love Giant Bomb, and they get very ridiculous at times. I just think that they make sure to cross their I's and dot their T's

The Bleach manga has ended. Here, via 2ch, is the first volume compared with the final volume. It’s no surprise that manga evolve over time, but it is a fascinating bookend for Tite Kubo’s Bleach style.

9/28/16 Update: The final volume is a fan rendition of what Volume 74 could look like and not Kubo’s work. We regret the error.

Kotaku East is your slice of Asian internet culture, bringing you the latest talking points from Japan, Korea, China and beyond. Tune in every morning from 4am to 8am.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Holy canned Spam, Bat man!

I blame the clickbait culture and that need for news sites to make instant money through clickbait headlines. So a lot of so-called journalism is questionable at best. And the problem will not go away as long as people KEEP CLICKING ON THE CLICKBAIT HEADLINES. :P
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Post by thatanimeguy »

It appears that an arch-angel of AP has blessed us mere commoners to cure us once again of the click bait! All praise the AP gods!!!
link of hyrule
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by link of hyrule »

I purely blame buzzfeed for any shenanigans that happen on the internet. That being said, journalism that is half assed is a disservice to the audience but it's also not entirely their fault. If you get your news from one site and not a collection of different sites then how will you form your own opinion? Reading from only one news source is like assuming all of the world is having nice weather when it's sunny where you are. But buzzfeed is still to blame.
-DRINK TAB SODA-
Burst Angel
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Burst Angel »

I honestly don't read or look at any of the mainstream videogame news sites. I just Listen to VGP for my video games news to keep in the know of what is going on and see what is happening the video game news.