VG Pulse 259 Discussion Topic

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VG Pulse 259 Discussion Topic

Post by darkgodakito »

What are your thoughts and opinions on youtuber's not openly disclosing when they've been paid to do a video for a company? Do you think that disclosing in the description is as effective as disclosing in the video itself? Let us know what you think, and your reasoning behind it. :D

~Akito
link of hyrule
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Re: VG Pulse 259 Discussion Topic

Post by link of hyrule »

It doesn't really bother me if someone's been paid to do a video (let's play videos in particular. Reviews shold not be bought). Selling out is not a big deal. Money is money. That's why I enjoy the crisp taste of Tab Soda. Tab soda, for when you've run out of Sunny-D and "purple stuff." If they do disclose that the video is paid for, putting it in the description is pointless. No one reads that stuff. If someone found the cure for cancer and put it in the description, it would be lost to humanity.
Last edited by link of hyrule on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Post by thatanimeguy »

It does bother me when youtube reviewers do not openly disclose that they are being paid to review a product (video game, motorcycle, computer, whatever) because it brings into question their objectivity and motives for a review. I go to a reviewer because I want someone who is not connected to the company that sells the product to get their honest opinion of the item. It's like seeing a review for an RPG by a person who hates RPG's, their opinion and review is most likely colored by outside forces besides the game.

I usually find disclosing monetary contributions in the description to be fine but I also read the description for almost every video I watch because I'm used to their being links to sources for the material i just watched.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Ideally they should put all the information in the video itself but it being in the description is better than nothing.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha