AP 527 - Q. Seiyuu

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 527 - Q. Seiyuu

Post by VicMonado »

So a we got decent amount of chat out of the subject of Seiyuu or Voice actors for anime. So to start things off who are your favourite Seiyuu(s)? Why? And is there a particularly favourite performance of theirs?

Do tell.

thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 527 - Q. Seiyuu

Post by thatanimeguy »

My favorite Japanese "Seiyuu" is probably Murata, Tomosa for her work on Mirai Nikki with those scary high pitched yuki. She reminded me of a few crazy exes of mine.
Favorite American voice actor is probably Steve Blum because I love his work as Spike and Cowboy Bebop is really the only anime I've watched in English.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 527 - Q. Seiyuu

Post by xahldera »

Aya Hirano, for her role as Izumi Konata from Lucky Star. She was a very fun character and I liked the various shout outs to herself and to Suzumiya Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Kamiya Hiroshi, for his roles as Nozomu Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Koyomi Araragi. He is very good at playing characters that scream and shout a lot.

Spike Spencer for his role as Ikari Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion and Tenkawa Akito from Martian Successor Nadesico. He just embodied a whiny, mentally damaged teen very well although the poor guy is now probably typecast in that role forever although Akito was a fun subversion of that trope.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn for her role as Kusanagi Motoko in Ghost in the Shell (Stand Alone Complex and Arise). I always liked her interpretation of "The Major" and felt it fit the character well.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha