AP 528 - Q. Horror

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 528 - Q. Horror

Post by VicMonado »

Well we're close to Halloween anyways and I reviewed a "horror" anime so its topical. What do you think of horror anime? Do you like them or hate them? Any examples of either? Dying to hear you thoughts.

darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 528 - Q. Horror

Post by darkgodakito »

I love horror-themed anime, as long as it's done well. My favorite of all time is probably still Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, otherwise known as When They Cry. The tension and mystery lend themselves to enhancing the horror aspect of it, and the story is quite well written, imo. :)

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! NOPE!

https://media.giphy.com/media/6h4z4b3v6XWxO/giphy.gif

I really do not like any Horror media of any sort regardless of genre. This is due to me being an absolute wimp who will pee in his trousers/pants at th e first sign of anything scary. Th e closest thing to Horror I've watched is maybe Bakemonogatari and that is more of a drama/mystery anime.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

VicMonado
Site Admin

Post by VicMonado »

I really do not like any Horror media of any sort regardless of genre. This is due to me being an absolute wimp who will pee in his trousers/pants at th e first sign of anything scary. Th e closest thing to Horror I've watched is maybe Bakemonogatari and that is more of a drama/mystery anime.
That's fair enough, it took me a while before I became a fan of horror in general but I'm also a bit of a wimp as I only really watch or play horror media when I'm with friends. The only exception would really be anime, now I am curious as to what aspects of horror scare you but I feel safe in endorsing horror anime to you. Whilst they can be enjoyable I doubt any have managed to be actually scary.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

VicMonado wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 pm
That's fair enough, it took me a while before I became a fan of horror in general but I'm also a bit of a wimp as I only really watch or play horror media when I'm with friends. the only exception would really be anime, now I am curious as to what aspects of horror scare you but I feel safe in endorsing horror anime to you. Whilst they can be enjoyable I doubt any have managed to be actually scary.
The aspects of horror that scare me are the creepyness. Sometimes the gore especially if it turns out to be too realistic.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I'm fine with horror, but I don't seek it out. I think the most recent horror anime I was into (at least, for a time) was Shiki. Shiki was about a small town that becomes inhabited by a few vampires.

Most horror anime tend to be action horror, like Berserk or Hellsing