AP 531 - Q.Priorities

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 531 - Q.Priorities

Post by VicMonado »

So this week we previewed a range of shows in terms of genre and presentation. Asking pretty broadly what is the most important factor for you personally in liking a show. Is it the visual style, setting, plot, script etc.. of course a good show needs more than one of these to be great but in your experience what do you tend to gravitate towards most and can you perhaps give an example of a show that matches what you mean?

couldn't think of an appropriate gif
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 530 - Q.Priorities

Post by YotaruVegeta »

What is important to me first and foremost is genre. If the show's based on an Otome game, I'm probably not going to be interested. From there, I give the show a single episode. I'm not an "art above all" anime fan, so the animation can be lacking if other elements of the show are impressive. If the art AND the story suck, then I'm done.

I do take into consideration that these are pilot episodes, and something may change between the first and second episode, so if a show seems to be promising, I'll give it another episode.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 530 - Q.Priorities

Post by xahldera »

I'm with YotaruVegeta and go with genre as well. If T he show is based on something I'm not interested in, I will probably not watch it. I tend to gravitate towards slice of life comedies and science fiction shows. Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Knights of Sidonia, Ghost in th e Shell, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid to name a few. Th e two stand outs I have watched and enjoyed are Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Bakemongatari, so I guess sometimes if something seems interesting visual and plot wise I might give it a go. But I'm a creature of habbit and have limited tastes in anime for the most part.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha