AP 532 - Q. Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (IMPORTANT)

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 532 - Q. Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (IMPORTANT)

Post by VicMonado »

Big questions this week that may impact the show as we know it.

1. As mentioned we got some DMCA claims for the music we've been using. Right now we have placeholders: Tapion's Melody and the classic Neko Mimi Mode as our OP and ED's respectively but we'd be interested to know if you have any suggestions for either that will not get us into legal trouble. What are your thoughts on the topic in general? Do you think we should go the way of Manga Pulse and have no OP?

2. Potentially an even bigger topic still, do you think we should make changes to the format of the show i.e start with the reviews and end on something else similar to Manga Pulse? Is there a better order, you happy with it as is or just anything really involving how we do things here. Thank you for your time.

p.s WE CAN TYPE "THE" PROPERLY NOW. HAPPY DAYS!!
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 532 - Q. Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (IMPORTANT)

Post by xahldera »

In what appears to be tradition where I am the first person to bother answering, I would say that the format of the show is fine as is. But that is just my opinion. I don't mind having no intro music but it is weird and annoying that you are getting DMCA complaints now when the show had been around for ages and other bigger shows I listen to have done more egregious things with regards to music.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 532 - Q. Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (IMPORTANT)

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I think that, selfishly, it's good to have music from the anime that's being discussed in the episode. It's fun to figure out where the song comes from, and it's fun to hear music that I might have forgotten.

I guess this has become a real pain if it has to be addressed on the podcast. So I think the best solution has already been mentioned on the podcast: covers! If we can't have the original music, we can at least have some chiptunes, an instrumental-only cover, etc.

Is it also possible that you can play a smaller sample of music that doesn't trigger DMCA takedown?