AP 551 - Q. ED's

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 551 - Q. ED's

Post by VicMonado »

Hai Thar.

Well this seems like the natural progression from the topic about anime openings given that 2 people mentioned this. So what are your favourite ED's from anime and why?

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 551 - Q. ED's

Post by rampant_a_i »

Since no one else has commented yet, I guess i will get us started.
I mentioned in the OP topic that I happen to like a lot of OPs and EDs from all manner of anime, across many genres. Either the particular artist or composer grabs me or the way it fits characters and themes of the anime it is paired with, or both.
Since I had to note Tank! From Cowboy Bebop as one of my all-time favorite OPs, I must therefore mention The Real Folk Blues, the ED from the same series. One of Yoko Kanno's best pieces, as performed by Mai Yamane and The Seatbelts.
If I had to mention a more recent work, however, right now I am enamored with Hydra by Myth & Roid (the ED for the second season of Overlord), with its haunting performance and intense lyrics.
Wherever you go... there you are.
VicMonado
Site Admin

Post by VicMonado »

rampant_a_i wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:31 pm Since no one else has commented yet, I guess i will get us started.
Really appreciate that man, thanks!
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I should not participate in this discussion, just for Andrew's sig pic.

Endings are harder than openings for me. I thought of a new-ish show, Blood Blockade Battlefront

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38lk4e

I love it because the song is good, and the animation is fun.

For some damn reason, I liked the "bicycle" ED of Naruto Skippuden. ::SHRUGS SHOULDERS:: I even ended up buying the track.

https://youtu.be/ylGbR-OzxrY

Oreskaband is awesome and extremely talented!

Oh yeah, "Skiki no Uta" from Samurai Champloo is my jam. The whole soundtrack is awesome. Nujabes is still missed

https://youtu.be/Q7QdUFgfAUk
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Well, this is going to be hard. I don't normally watch many of the endings as I'm usually raring to watch the next episode of the anime and shut off the episode before the ending song even starts, or I'm needing to deal with something else post anime watching. However here are some ending songs worth mentioning.
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ah yes, the floating nude spinning Rei Ayanami with the slowly rising moon in the background set to a cover of an old Frank Sinatra song as you wonder "W T F did I just watch?!". Yes this is probably cheating a bit but the song works as a nice piece of soundtrack dissonance to the main content of the series.
  • Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Oh...where to start?! I resisted listing all of this anime's opening's on the last topic as there is some epic music there. But the lack of likeable endings for me mean I have to make a sub-list within a list just to bulk things up.
    • Koiji Romanesque(Sorry no Youtube link for this, have to make do with this one from Nico Video) - I just love the melody of this song and the creepy animation helps with the tone of the song as well. The translation in the lyrics points to a not particularly happy story despite the catchy tune. Perfect for the series as a whole.
    • Kurayami Shincuu Soushisouai - This ending is a lot of fun. Nozomu Itoshiki's voice actor, Hiroshi Kamiya, gives a good performance singing a song of morbid romance, while the animation shows him on a night out drinking with some colleagues like some stereotypical salary man.
    • Zetsubou Restaurant(Sorry another Nico link only) - Ah this is really catchy. Don't let the melody fool you, there is a dark and sinister edge as a translation of the lyrics show, talking about leaving behind your troubles possibly via murder and cannibalism?! The animation of what some of the major characters get up to out of school hours is fun as well...but what's this?! One of them is shown still hanging around the school?! Just what diabolical extra-curricular activities is she up to?! Surely this is not foreshadowing of something dark from our ever cheerful Kafuka Fuura?! :P
  • Bubblegum Crisis 2032 OVA 1 - Catchy 80's song "Mister Dandy" that felt weirdly out of place, but I threw it into this list for a laugh. Again, due to the way BGC 2032/2033 was structured, it isn't the standard ED but rather an animation consisting of a full length song as the "camera" slowly pans vertically over a view of the city of Mega-Tokyo, culminating in a shot of the Genom HQ building as the credits roll.
  • K-On! Season 1 - OK, I might not like most J-Pop tunes but K-On!'s S1's first ending was too charming to leave out. It was a fun catchy number where the animation features the main characters performing as if in a live performance.
  • Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - "Ishukan Communication" is another light and fluffy number with a cute animation showing the goings on of our dragons trying to live as humans during an average week before it gets a bit surreal.
  • Bakemongatari - "Kimino Shiranai Monogatari" by supercell is a bit of a more serious song with a slightly sad, nostalgic flavour to it. Which fits the tone of the series overall. Not sure what to think of the creepy animation that accompanies the song though...
P.S. Bonus joke answer: Eromanga Sensei - "Adrenaline!!!" by TrySail makes this list as the booby prize because I accidentally discovered this when someone made a parody version of it on Danbooru, featuring a character from the Touhou Project bullet hell game series (http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2699030?). I just threw this in because it was funny to see an entire ED dedicating to watching someone dancing while waiting for their laundry to be done.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

One of my fave EDs is the ED from Flip Flappers. i have that as my son's ringtone lol. i also like some of the EDs from naruto and bleach.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

A good ED for me brings the hype down after all the action sets in. My favorites are:
Shiki No Uta from samurai Champloo
ORPHANS NO NAMIDA from gundam iron-blooded orphans
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

Following through with my reply on the OP forums, I generally enjoy EDs more, especially when they play them while the anime is "still going on" if you know what I mean.

Some of the ones that I enjoy include:
Dango Daikazoku - Clannad
Aliez = Aldnoah Zero
Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari - Bakemonogatari
Brave Song - Angel Beats!
Foul Play ni Kurari - To Love Ru Darkness
Spice - Shokugeki no Souma
To be Continued? - Problem Children are Coming from another World
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Post by marjibi »

Little late to the party, but I had to mention this ED. This was a one off ED in EP7 from Baka to Test 2.

The song goes something like this: "I'm eating egg on rice in my sanctuary... the bathroom stall. Suddenly! An accident occurs! I sense a disturbing smell. The guy in the next stall is eating Curry! Seriously? Eating curry in the bathroom is bad manners. I lost everything. I want to protect this private place. I gathered up my courage and hit the wall and looked into the stall next to me only to find my other self sitting there"

It makes 0 sense. It has nothing to do with the episode, but it fits the hilarious nonsense that is Baka to Test.