AP 554 - Q. Special Move

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 554 - Q. Special Move

Post by VicMonado »

More likely than not during your anime watching career you've come across a character that can use a special move (sometimes accompanied by a catchy name). So on a more simple fun topic this week is there a special move from an anime that you like or find memorable? Why and what does it do?

Cheers.

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 554 - Q. Special Move

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I have learned a special technique from anime, and I will pass it down to you. REMEMBER ITS NAME!

https://youtu.be/_tBBiS-0T2Q

Evil Holy Sword Let's Dancing All Night
Rising Special Ultra Miracle
Super Mario Brothers Second Edition
Luigi's Counterattack Director's Cut
Last edited by YotaruVegeta on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Might be a boring and obvious choice, but the bankais from Bleach are pretty awesome. You know things are gonna get awesome when someone says/whispers/yells that one word. For that matter the resureccións of the arrancar are awesome as well, for the same reasons. As for favourite bankais and resureccións I'd have to say Mayuri and Yamamoto's bankais are all pretty damn cool. For resureccións I'd have to go with Baragan's form. His weapon has a badass name, a badass release phrase and it turns him into a skeleton king in a fabulous fur coat. What's not to love?

Other than Bleach I do like Reg's incinerator from Made in Abyss. He might not shout its name whenever he uses it, but damn does that thing pack a punch. I becomes even more nuts OP in the manga, though I won't go into detail because spoilers and stuff. Anyway, robot shota with arm cannon death ray is totally tubular.

-Crooh
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

I agree with Midnight Crooh, I do like the bankai in bleach and the fact that all of them had a different bankai with all sorts of different attacks. Another anime that has some good ones is my Gateway anime Sailor Moon. I think those ones are my favorite due to just the nostalgia of it. I watched Sailor Moon all the time when i was in middle/high school and so that would have to be it. I can't pinpoint one specifically. I just like all of them.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Special moves? Hmm...

A particular example that sticks in my mind is from "Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo", the third film in the "Rebuild of Evangelion" series.
Spoilers may follow. You have been warned!
One of the Eva Units, Unit 02, basically has a previously unknown mode that effectively removes the power limiters on the unit, causing it to become a lot stronger and more feral, similar to the Berserk mode seen in Unit 01 in the original series, but with with the pilot still in some form of control. It is interesting to me as it basically shows that all the Eva units are not entirely under the command of those using them to fight the Angels.

The other example I would like to submit is Kamijou Touma's "Imagine Breaker" from "A Certain Magical Index".
I just like the idea that the greatest special move/power anyone can have is the ability to completely negate all other powers, effectively making them useless. The concept is not a new one. You get "anti-magic" fields all the time in all sorts of media. But in the context of anime, this is a good example of it in action.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha