AP 556 - Q. Studios

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 556 - Q. Studios

Post by VicMonado »

Hi-dy-ho neighbors!

This week question is simple. What is your favorite anime company and why? What is your favourite work produced by them? Cheers.
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 556 - Q. Studios

Post by QueenInoue »

This is a tough one for me as i normally don't pay any attention to what studio does what nor can i tell one studio's work from another. the only studio i have even the slightest ability to recognize is Studio Ghibli. Favorites from them are Nausica, Spirited away, ponyo, and my neighbor totoro.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Probably Kyoto Animation AKA "KyoAni". I've always liked their clean animation style as seen in Lucky Star and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

Second would be Production IG. I always liked the attention to detail especially in the mecha and other machinery in the Ghost in the Shell franchise, including the original movie and the Stand Alone Complex series.

Honourable mentions go to the AIC/Artmic partnership who were behind the Bubblegum Crisis OVAs. The level of hand drawn animation in that is pretty incredible and likely to never be seen again.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Illicit Material
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Illicit Material »

Favorite studio is going to have to be Shaft for many reasons but mainly for the monogatari series. I liked the art but I really fell in love with the out of order sorts style. For some reason it just sits really well for me. Also the did Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei, and who didn’t love that show!
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Of course, I love Studio Ghibli, even when I feel their character designs are more nostalgic than modernized (It still fits well their material, so it is forgiven.) But everything else in their animation is always stunning. Having said that, I tend to adhere to individual directors and lead animators, rather than their studios or production companies. I appreciate the heck out of people like Makoto Shinkai who started out as a one-man animation studio on a Macintosh producing high quality work, and now directs for the studio behind Your Name .
If I had to mention a studio behind a given anime series, however, my hat has to go off to Ufotable, the Anime studio that took over the Fate franchise from Studio Dean, doing a phenomenal work, and going well beyond.
Wherever you go... there you are.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

TokyoBlank wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:45 pm Favorite studio is going to have to be Shaft for many reasons but mainly for the monogatari series. I liked the art but I really fell in love with the out of order sorts style. For some reason it just sits really well for me. Also the did Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei, and who didn’t love that show!
I like the Shaft "head tilt" their characters have but some of their animation style is a bit too abstract for my liking. I will give them a last second honourable mention as well.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

I won't say Studio Ghibli, because that's a bit like the free space on a bingo board; a given.
There's no clear top choice for me, but Trigger is definitely a favourite. They always do something completely off-the-wall that's enjoyable and memorable for its weirdness.
The only other studio that I can definitely say I like is P.A Works. They have consistently good scripts and animation (with some exceptions) and also work with some really talented people like Mari Okada. Even if their shows might not be the top tier best quality out there the fact that they can keep their average quality quite high just shows they know their craft.

-S-
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

(What's your connection to Shrek, Andy??)

I have an actual (proven by SCIENCE!) answer to this: Based on my MAL data that I submitted on Graph Anime , my favorite studio is Studio Shuka. Who are Studio Shuka? Well, they did 91 Days and Durarara!! #2 is PA Works, who did Sakura Quest and The Eccentric Family. Keep in mind that I don't score anime until I've watched it all, so science can't figure me out. I would believe that Toei is my #1.