AP 557 - Q. Games

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 557 - Q. Games

Post by VicMonado »

Is there an anime would you like to be made into a video game? Could you possibly describe how it would play, like the genre, if it contains loot boxes etc.

For the extra Knowledgable you could even mention a developer or person you would like to work on it. E.g Konami.

QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 557 - Q. Games

Post by QueenInoue »

hmm an anime to be made into a video game..... I have not watched this but a friend suggested Haikyuu video game. I think being what kind of anime that is, a sports type of game would be a given. Out of the anime i have watched i don't know one that made me specifically think "this could be a video game" Either way Konami would be the preferred people to make the video game. Im sorry this topic is a hard one so i couldn't come up with anything real good lol
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

Weirdly enough, the show Erased / Boku dake ga Inai Machi would make an interesting detective/problem solving game. Maybe an exploration game, or even a visual novel with exploration as a smaller part?

Also, I don't watch it, but maybe a Cooking Mama style game based on Shokugeki no Soma? Apparently (because I just checked Wikipedia) they made a visual novel type game, but what a wasted opportunity to do silly virtual food prep! The twist could be getting to choose interesting ingredient combos instead of strictly following rote recipes. The reward is, as always, foodgasms.

Don't worry, Soma will fix it!
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

If it hasn't been made a game already (you never know) I think Golden Kamuy would make a great game! It would take its mechanics from third person action games like the new God of War, or the Batflack Arkham games[NOTE: Your co-workers created that word filter. I wrote Bat-man]. You would do the Immortal Sugimoto's crazy, brutal moves, like his dropkick outta nowhere! He can summon a CG bear! Or he'll dive into a cave to avoid damage!

Asirpa would be your AI partner, and sometimes you would control her. Be warned: if you give her certain healing items, she will reject them, because they look like poop.

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Sword Art Online!! It would make game of the year!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Anyone? No? :?

Joking aside, SAO is immediately disqualified as several games about it have already been made of the franchise. :lol: :P

Instead,I nominate "Speed Grapher". Now I'm an amateur photographer and the idea of trying to beat enemies just by taking their picture, like in the anime, seems like an interesting idea to me. It could take the form of a first or third person shooter but instead of using a gun and ammunition you have a camera and limited rolls of film. Bonus points if you catch the enemies at a creative angle or an interesting or funny pose. For the creator to work on it, I would like to see Hideo Kojima use his talent to work on a Speed Grapher game as I can see him making it into a crazy fourth wall breaking, completely mind screwing experience that would make DDLC, Pony Island and Undertale seem like kid friendly happy stories in comparison. :P

Related video: https://youtu.be/W_aA2ubuBVY

Failing that, maybe make a Dating Sim out of Knights of Sidonia?? Maybe not... :lol:
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

How about an action RPG in the world of Nausicaa? You get to fly steampunkish flying machines and fight giant bugs in the Poison Forest. Perhaps the apocalyptic giants would be too OP.

Similar to this would be a flight combat sim and RPG based on the world of Last Exile? Flying machines, dreadnaughts and battleships, Guild enemies.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Psycho-pass would make a good game. And no not that visual novel one they made. They could make a real game in the L.A. Noire style where you investigate evidence and interview witnesses. You could use the sibyl system as a indicator as a lie-detector.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

xahldera wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:36 am ... I nominate "Speed Grapher". Now I'm an amateur photographer and the idea of trying to beat enemies just by taking their picture, like in the anime, seems like an interesting idea to me. It could take the form of a first or third person shooter but instead of using a gun and ammunition you have a camera and limited rolls of film. Bonus points if you catch the enemies at a creative angle or an interesting or funny pose. For the creator to work on it, I would like to see Hideo Kojima use his talent to work on a Speed Grapher game as I can see him making it into a crazy fourth wall breaking, completely mind screwing experience that would make DDLC, Pony Island and Undertale seem like kid friendly happy stories in comparison. :P
Dude! That sounds pretty rad. Somewhat reminds me of how you photograph baddies in Bioshock... ::Googles what that was really quick:: with the research camera to get bonuses, except that's a side benefit rather than an outright attack as in yours. Very cool idea.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

Answering old questions cause I finally got caught up after stalling on episodes due to finals.

The anime I would like to be made into a game would be the Fate series as in fate/stay, fate/zero/, etc. I do realize that there are tons of games based off of the series and the series itself is based off of a visual novel but i would really like to have a fighting game version of this series. Such a game would be perfect as there are over fifty different servants to choose from.