VGP 311 Discussion Topic: Video Game Eateries!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 311 Discussion Topic: Video Game Eateries!

Post by darkgodakito »

What is your favorite eatery in any video game world?

Feel free to include screenshots!!

~Idea submitted by Xahldera~

Aki's choice; Spinda's Café from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
VicMonado
Site Admin

Re: VGP 311 Discussion Topic: Video Game Eateries!

Post by VicMonado »

First up there's the Milk Bar from The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask because I love my booze and there's got to be something in that milk.

Next is Brewsters Coffee from Animal Crossing as I'm a caffeine addict.

BUT the first that came to mind for me was Junes from Persona 4/the Golden even though the food doesn't look all that special, I'd pay for the novelty of hearing that catchy jingle in the background while I eat some steak, whilst talking about murders. honorable mention to Aiya's but I didn't want to put 2 from the same game

Thanks for the question.
Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

You know I can't think of any restaurants in video games that were memorable to me but I do remember Mass Effect had a lot of Bars and night clubs and I played all 4 Mass Effect games even Andromeda. So I am going to say Purgatory the bar from ME3. That's the first one that comes to mind. May be you can get food at Purgatory, I am not sure but you can definitely get drunk :lol:

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

I came across this great restaurant during my Journey through the game Fallout 4. After I tricked the robots into thinking I was their manager or something I looked around the General Atomics Galleria. I came across a restaurant called Handy Eats. After sitting down the waiter came and greeted me and said "Welcome to Handy Eats We'd love to have you for dinner" and then proceeded to spill my guts...After reading the terminal I realized they took "I would love to Have YOU for dinner" to literally.
download.jpg
download.jpg (12.45 KiB) Viewed 12237 times
vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

Balamb Garden Cafeteria, they have the best Hot dogs???????????? sorry the only one i can think of, and they are indeed known for the hot dogs....

Last edited by vailreth on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Well crap...

I realised I didn't have any obvious answers to my own topic so...

Must think of something...
  • Spaceports, Endless Sky
    This overhead 2D Elite clone has planets that has varied spaceports, some of them like the cantina in Star Wars, some of them very high class. All full of danger and political intrigue. Not necessarily an eatery or even a single one, but the descriptions in the text box are interesting and often you will find you end up sweeped up into an emergency pirate defence fight, or some plot to bring down the main galatic government.
  • Burger Shot, Grand Theft Auto IV
    Also a chain rather than one single outlet. Cheap, cheerful and also full of danger. The number of shoot outs that have happened here, mostly due to the player character's fault, I've lost count of. But it makes for a good backdrop for crazy mission related hi-jinks.
  • Armadillo Saloon, Red Dead Redemption
    Not really a restaurant, but I'm sure you can get food of some sort?
    Who am I kidding? The only reason you want to come here is to sleep and drink like a fish, to the point you can't move. Also it's fun to kill the piano player, causing everyone to get very upset, or just cheat at gambling in the Poker room, only to get caught and then end up in a duel or just start a bar brawl. Fun for the whole family! :-P
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I dig the food spots in the GTA games, especially the latest one. I like that you can actually enter the store, see the items on the shelves, and then watch your character om-nom

I'm so hungry!