AP 579 - Just Stop

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 579 - Just Stop

Post by VicMonado »

I actually forgot that we came up with this during a show, which is why you should write ideas down as soon as you get them. Anyways the topic for this week is Anime that had either an unnecessary or just plain bad follow-up. Would love to know what you think!
Deathgod
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Re: AP 579 - Just Stop

Post by Deathgod »

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
Fam is the follow up to the main series Last Exile, while not a perfect show has relatable charters, great music, and overall good storytelling. I would say Last Exile major flaw towards the end is the rushed ending typical of some Gonzo titles. Fam however throws you in with a main character that reminds me of Nina Purpleton from Gundam Stardust. Both characters motives are different but like Nina, Fam pushes peace without thought to the surroundings. The characters in this show stay flat and stay that way to just about the end. Convenient for the author trying to rely on the main character Fam shouting peace from the shiptops. Throwing herself into situations that would get anyone else in the show killed because she is a (newtype) I mean great pilot. Then as this mess spirals to the end the main character finally has some development and the show ends impacting the ground as you see some hope of the plot pulling up. Disappointing for sure and I expecting some more for Last Exile followup. The show does do some things well with some of the political maneuvering with the different factions, the animation and music is supurb but doesn't go as far into the background as I would have hoped. With 21 episodes I wish it would have had time to do so but wasted time with predictable stoytelling. After this mess they had a few ovas and a movie all which were recaps which didn't stand out much. What I hope to see is an adaption of Last Exile: Travelers From the Hourglass which is a follow up manga after the first Last Exile and sits between these two shows. It continues the first shows plot line and the events after.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya season 2
Specifically the Endless 8 arc. That was somewhat unnecessary in my humble opinion. Just why?

Kampfer
Yeah I keep bringing this up, but this Anime was such a disappointment to me that I gave up on it after a very short time. One of the few series to make me do so. If you want to know why, just read my replies to previous AP topics on the questions of Disappointments, Anger and Dropped Anime.

Code Geass season 3
Not even released and I suspect this will either be a weak merch vehicle at best, or a trainwreck at worst. The last season of Geass was quite definite in its finale..so why is this new season even a thing?!
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Illicit Material
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Illicit Material »

Soul eater not! Hands down. I really liked the original soul eater. It was a great show with great art. I haven’t been able to get myself to watch the the second one it looks so bubbly and wrong.
Also while I did enjoy the series as a whole I would have rather had a continuation of the danmachi familia myth story line instead of getting a season of sword of oratorio. I can enjoy a good yuri bait show but this one just didn’t have the same feel as danmachi.
Attachments
7426B933-DDC6-46AA-BEEA-46BF35070CF5.gif
7426B933-DDC6-46AA-BEEA-46BF35070CF5.gif (85.82 KiB) Viewed 13689 times
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Yeah, nothing to add. The first thing I thought of was the second series of Last Exile mentioned above—although I did not hate it, I did not think it was necessary.
And Haruhi Suzamiya’s Endless Eight p*ssed me off so bad that I came to hate both seasons altogether. I tell my son to never mention it to me.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'd say Psycho-pass season 2. It just wasn't on parr with the first one, and I didn't like any of the new characters and how their plights overshadowed the main cast.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

I'd have to nominate Sword Art Online season 2. It was TERRIBLE. I could only get through the first 3 episodes and that was a struggle. It was a shame because I really enjoyed the first season. Till this day I still have not attempt to watch SAO season 2.

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.