AP 580 - Christmas

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 580 - Christmas

Post by VicMonado »

It's December now so to get us into the spirit let's talk some holiday themed episodes/movies in anime!

Look forward to reading out your response!

Ciao!
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 580 - Christmas

Post by xahldera »

Bah humbug! :lol:

OK to actually answer the topic.
K-On!, Season 1, Episode 7
The cast has a Chirstmas party at Yui Hirasawa's house. Why does Sawako-sensei have that sexy santa costume and why is she trying to get the others to wear it?!

Lucky Star, Episode 11
We see how various members of the cast spend the Christmas period. And Konata runs into the embarrassment of finding her teacher logging into the same online MMO as she is playing, alongside the usual random shenanigans.

Azumanga Daioh, Episode 17
Apparently Chiyo's dad is Santa. That is all.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Sid
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Sid »

I think Tokyo Godfathers is a great heart-warming Christmas movie.
♫♫Fly, fly away!♫♫
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

It's not in the anime yet but the christmas party from the my youth romantic comedy light novel is my favorite
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

The Christmas episode of Digimon Adventure 02 has always been a favorite of mine. The 02 cast bring the OG Mons back to pal around with with there partners. Then we found out that they would have to tour the world next!
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

First thing that comes to mind is the christmas arc of Toradora... which is neither jolly nor festive. It's the darkest and most melodramatic the series ever gets. At least it ends on a pretty happy and heartwarming note. The series overall might feel pretty generic nowadays, but the christmas arc still hit me like a coca-cola truck full of feels.

-Crooh
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I can’t think of a Japanese Anime that does not have Christmas as a somewhat integral part of its set up more than does the Amagami series — or at least, its the first one that came to mind. The back story to the lead protag Junichi was that his heart was broken after being stood up by a girl he had fallen for when they were supposed to have met on Christmas Eve. So that becomes the lead in to six alternative plot lines where he falls for one of six female leads in the series episodes. The first story arc with Haruka Morishima as the person Junichi goes for is the more memorable in that it ties even more closely into the Christmas theme. Boy loses his heart one Christmas only to find love with Girl on another Christmas. Closure. The other arcs are less tied to Christmas though they all start from the same premise.
(BTW, I love Haruka, but Ai is still best girl. Just sayin’ :D )

Wherever you go... there you are.