AP 589 - Favorite Genre

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 589 - Favorite Genre

Post by VicMonado »

Hello there, we are back again after a week break with another forum topic and one I'm surprised I haven't asked already. What are your favorite Genres in anime?
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 589 - Favorite Genre

Post by Shieldbro »

My favorite genre is isekai and slice of light. Bonus points if they're together
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

For me, it's Sci-Fi and Slice of Life. Can't beat mecha, sitting talking about nothing and sitting in Mecha talking about nothing. ;)

THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Quite a few for me I like vanilla, Older woman.... Oh you meant anime genres, LOL. For that I like comedy, and slice of life Cause I like to laugh every now and then, Sci-fi/Punk Just because of the futuristic depths and the grunge it has to it. And how could I forget the best genre ever.. Mecha, it's giant robots how can you not like those. Plus the battles with them look super cool!
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

My favorite genre in Anime matches my favorite genre in fiction and other media: Science Fiction and Fantasy. I enjoy various sub-genres as well, and also enjoy cross-overs with other genres, such as Isekai where Fantasy is often made possible through SciFi tech. And I am always a sucker for the various flavors of Steam Punk.
But by and large, whatever the medium or genre, it has to not only entertain me, but tell a good story.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

My favorite genre (s) are Sci-fi, Fantasy and action.. But... only if I am in the right mood I will watch Magical Girl and Shonen Action shows; only because I have a soft spot for them. Blame Sailor Moon and Dragin' Balls ---they were my gateway into anime.

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
Dryden999
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Dryden999 »

I typically like slice of life, horror, mystery, action. but as I've watched more anime, especially within the past 2 or 3 years. I've come to find I really love a good Romance/Drama. (When its done well that is)