AP 596 - Conventions

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 596 - Conventions

Post by VicMonado »

Conventions: Anime has a whole sub-culture attached to it revolving around events where cosplayers and like minded otaku meet up to discuss waifus. Have you ever been to an Anime Convention? What do you go there for? Is there any you would like to go to? If not, is there anything that puts you off?"

This topic was submitted by listener Xahldera thanks as always!
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 596 - Conventions

Post by rampant_a_i »

I went to one (Animazement), years ago. I plan to take my teenagers to it this year if I can manage the scheduling for us.

My ex was a big Star Trek fan, so she got me to go to few Trek conventions. It was fun but burned me out on that scene for a long time.
Wherever you go... there you are.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 596 - Conventions

Post by xahldera »

"Have you ever been to an Anime Convention?"
Too many. By my reckoning, I've been going to them for roughly 12 years, not counting the few years I wasn't available to go to them or there wasn't one that interested me.

I usually go to indulge in my creative side and use my photography skills to take pictures of the various Cosplayers that go to these events as well as use it as a chance to catch up with some friends I've made from various previous convention encounters. Occasionally it has also been where I buy some Anime-related good such as merch and DVD/Bluray releases but due to a lack of time, money and space I try to avoid doing this to varying degrees (And usually failing...)

If I had all the money and time in the world, I would love to take a trip to the US and go to one of the large cons such as Otakon. Sadly I suspect this will probably not happen for a long time, mostly again due to the lack of time and money.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha