VGP 329 Discussion Topic: Cheat Codes!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 329 Discussion Topic: Cheat Codes!

Post by darkgodakito »

What is your favorite or most memorable cheat code?

~submitted by Maou~
Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Re: VGP 329 Discussion Topic: Cheat Codes!

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

You know as a kid I remember having a game shark and a game genie for my Nintendo and Sega systems but I don't remember the cheat codes off the top of my head. I remember those cheat cartridges came with books with tons of cheat codes. Since I can't remember the cheat codes I used back in early 1990's, I am gonna give you a cheat code that I used in the 2000's and this cheat code can be used in any PC version of "The Sims". The cheat code is MOTHERLODE, which gives you $50,000. Now, I know a few Sims cheat codes but Motherlode is my favorite. I don't play 'The Sims' on the consoles so I don't know if this code works on a Playstation or Xbox Sims game.

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
Maou
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Maou »

I remember checking out gamewinners when that was around, looking for codes for games and stuff. The one I remember the most were the GTA codes, the health ones, and the give gun ones. I can't remember them off the top of my head but I could put them in within a second or two.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

The riot cheat code in the Grand Theft Auto series. This is fun to use for shizz and giggles.
Related but technically not a cheat code is the "Carmaggedon" mod, which basically changes the friction on almost every vehicle in the PC version of Grand Theft Auto 4 so that it is negative friction. The result of this is that it causes cars to go accelerate instead of decelerate, causing mass chaos. Combined with the riot code, it makes for an interesting experience.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

[Name of game]'s Debug mode unlock code. any game with a findable debug menu...
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

The first actual cheat codes I learned about were the codes you could type in for Doom

Also, while this wasn't a cheat that changed the game, this was a secret that I could only find by looking it up outside of the game. I needed to get Vincent Valentine in my party for Final Fantasy VII, but you need a combination to get to him. Luckily, Gamefaqs existed at the time.

Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

One of my favorites, since my memory card got wiped. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle, Square, X, X, Square, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Square, Circle, X, Circle, X, Circle, Square, Square, Circle, Square, X, X the super password to unlock 100% in Crash Bandicoot. Another is from the ps1 spider-man "eel nats" which is just Stan Lee backwards (took me a while to get that) to unlock all the suit costumes.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

One of the most memorable for me would be the tgm console command. I used it mainly in fallout but I believe it's also in the elder scrolls series. There's nothing like becoming an absolute God and reeking havoc on poor NPCs. On another note one of the most useful ones would be tcl for when you're certain situations. Especially with Bethesda...