AP 609 - Summer Episode

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 609 - Summer Episode

Post by VicMonado »

Doesn't have to be a beach one mind you, but just have to contain Summer. What are some of the best (or worst) Summer episodes in anime that you can recall. I'd love to hear'em given that we're really feeling the heat where I'm at.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 609 - Summer Episode

Post by Shieldbro »

My favorite beach episode or episodes come from bunny girl senpai in the forms of the time loop episode and the one with two futabas
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Since this has become not only a trope in most anime series but almost obligatory, I tried to think of episodes of series where more than just the usual fanservice and usual tropes take place. Not an easy task.

I do recall that the summer beach scene of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions actually takes a different turn by making that when the female lead Rikka reveals her motivations for chunibyo for the first time. So it was not the usual "throw-away" episode these usually turn out to be.

I also seem to recall that one or more of the Summer episodes of Fullmetal Panic often ended in some new threat showing up, but it's been a while so I'd need to confirm.

(I will edit later to add any more I might recall.)

Oh, yeah, I should mention the summer beach class trip in Domestic Girlfriend (Domestic na Kanojoo) happens to also be the point in the plot when Natsuo and Hina consummate their secret relationship -- while the fireworks are going off at the beach, fireworks are going off in the bedroom. It is a critical event that leads to further drama.
Last edited by rampant_a_i on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'll go with the hot springs episode from Outlaw Star. And while it's a vacation one it's the most important episode for the end of the series. Why? Because he gets the two most important things that save his life. I don't remember if it takes place in summer though.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Post by marjibi »

Beach episodes are pretty forgettable in general, but I wanted to give 2 animes with a summer theme.

Grand Blue from 2? seasons ago was a beach episode and was hillarious af.
The Aho Girl beach episode was hilarious as well.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I tried to search for "Summer anime episodes" to jog my memory, and that went bad (I just got summer season anime previews/reviews) so I'm going with the My Love Story!! beach episode. Like nearly every episode of My Love Story!! this episode is full of awkward, cute, heart-warming, and freakishly strong moments.

Sorry y'all, no oppai and male gaze camera a angles. Darrnit to heck!