AP 613 - Read the Manga

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 613 - Read the Manga

Post by VicMonado »

How often do you read the Manga or other sources like Light Novels of the Anime that you watch? Any examples worth noting for any reason?
MarinerBert
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Re: AP 613 - Read the Manga

Post by MarinerBert »

All the time but more manga than LN. Most recently read Kanata no Astra (aka Astra Lost in Space) and watched the anime's fist episode. It's done competently but the anime brought nothing new to the adaptation and I don't feel compelled to watch it.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 613 - Read the Manga

Post by rampant_a_i »

I have been in the habit of trying to read the manga before a scheduled anime is set to aire. But in reverse, I have at times been so compelled by an anime series as to pick up on it in manga. The first was Hiromu Arakawa's Full Metal Alchemist. I got far ahead in the manga before the Brotherhood series came along, and was glad for it, as I found the manga to be far better than the first anime series, as it turned out, even though I had loved that first series too.

Lately I decided to read well forward into the stories for two anime series I had not expected to be sucked into. One was Domestic Girlfriend/Kanojo (Domesutikku na Kanojo), and I got far, far beyond the first season's drama... so far that I know the anime has a LOT of ground to cover.
The other was The Quintessential Quintuplets (Go-Tōbun no Hanayome)... Here too, I know far, far more than what the first season showed, and the story proceeds to be bit more complicated than what we think -- such that the "best girl" choice I had for the series is now quite changed, more than I would have expected.
Wherever you go... there you are.