AP 628 - IRL

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 628 - IRL

Post by VicMonado »

Anime, whether it's just a small time hobby or an obsession, this week I'd be interested to know in what ways it has been a positive or negative influence on your life. Feel free to be as vague or specific as possible.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 628 - IRL

Post by rampant_a_i »

On balance, Anime has been a positive influence on myself and my small family's lives.
I have always been a fan of Animation, since my earliest memories, especially as a story=telling medium. And though I resisted most Japanese Animation in the beginning, it grew on me as their skill and production improved. Meanwhile, Western Animation has waxed and waned and waxed and waned, again and again. At the same time, the ability of Hollywood to tell stories has continually dwindled until it has become apparent that they are almost entirely bankrupt in telling tales. But Japan still seems to understand about the importance of Story, even experimenting in entertaining genres. We look to Anime as the only real source of story and entertainment that is honestly trying to provide what audiences really want. A sad commentary on Western art forms, but good for Japan. For now.
Hopefully Anime will continue to be a positive influence on Western media, and in turn will not be tainted by the corrosion plaguing the West in return.
<crossing fingers>
Wherever you go... there you are.