AP 637 - Underrated Anime of the 2010's

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 637 - Underrated Anime of the 2010's

Post by VicMonado »

We've talked about the best and worst but as requested by listener Shieldbro, what would you say are the most underrated anime in recent memory? Would love to know!
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 637 - Underrated Anime of the 2010's

Post by Shieldbro »

First underrated anime that I have is Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It's about a hero and a demon lord who teams up together to bring peace and prosperity for both the human and demon world.

Second anime and my most favorite is Relife. I suspect that the only reason that this anime is not as popular as it should be is because the whole series was released in one day instead of being spread out through the season. Also the fact that it wraps up in it's OVAs. The anime is about a neet who joins a program to rehabilitate himself by becoming younger and going back to high school.

Also Hishiro is super cute.

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I can name a number of underrated anime, but I will mention those that first come to mind:

Log Horizon (2013-2014) was an early issekai that was overshadowed by SAO. The first season was outstanding but the second season did seem to falter, but still very good.
Image[/img]

Bureiku Bureido (Break Blade / Broken Blade) (2014) was a very ineterasting take on Mecha anime. It is too bad it never got a second season, because the manga on which it was based is still a going very well.

And then there was: Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova (Arpegio of Blue Steel) (2013). Which predated the infamous KanColle series that ripped it off. Too bad it too never got another season.

I see a pattern here... underrated anime often fail to get a subsequent season to complete their stories properly.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

Here are a few anime I watched in the past 10 years that not many people talked about but I thought were pretty good. I didn't check the release date of these but I think the U.S release date was 2010 and later.

Fate/Zero
Wolf Children
C "Control"
The Garden of Sinners
Violet Evergarden

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.