AP 647 - Anime Soundtrack

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 647 - Anime Soundtrack

Post by VicMonado »

Which anime does best soundtrack has? excluding Openings and Endings

Today's forum topic was submitted by BlackMagic4444 so thanks for that.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 647 - Anime Soundtrack

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'll have to go with .Hack/sign. The background music is always a treat to listen to. Whether it is action oriented with rising tones or just a conversation happening with background chanting. For a more recent one Beastars light jazz has been a wonder to listen to as well.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 465 - Anime Soundtrack

Post by rampant_a_i »

Ooooooh! A favorite topic of mine!

I have collected several albums and tracks from various anime titles. There are three main composers that I nearly always buy their music, for both OP/ED's as well as for the soundtrack itself.

(1) Yoko Kano. Her work in shows like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Porco Rosso, Escaflowne, Rah Xephon, Darker then Black, Space Dandy, etc. are legendary.

(2) Yuki Kajiura. Another legend of anime soundtracks. Her work has appeared in countless top-rated anime, from dot-Hack, Fate/Zero, Princess Principle, Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel (movies), Sword Art Online, SAO: Ordinal Scale, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer), etc. etc.

(3) Sawano Hiroyuki. Famous for his work in many modern top-rated anime, including Sengoku Basara, Attack on good taste, Aldnoah Zero, Kill la Kill, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Re: Creators, etc., etc.

Honorable mentions to Kenji Kawai and a few others.

If I had to pick just one anime with the best music, well, it would have to be Cowboy Bebop, hands down.
Wherever you go... there you are.