AP 648 - Disappointment

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 648 - Disappointment

Post by VicMonado »

What anime has disappointed you for one reason or another in the past?
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 648 - Disappointment

Post by rampant_a_i »

Neon Genesis Evangelion (original series) was a great series right up until the last couple of of episodes. It appeared rushed and ill-conceived, with the next to last one with absolute sh*t animation. I _hate_ rushed endings in a series, and Evangelion really disappointed me sorely. Loved the series, hated the ending. The movie that tried to revisit the ending just p*ssed me off more -- too little too late.

Sword Art Online's second season/series/story arch, the Alfheim arc, was already on shaky ground with a questionable turn in the character's behaviors. Then the tentacles and Asuna scenes towards the end cinched the final verdict that this was a fail. Again, was entertained by the series, but hated how it ended up.

But I sometimes do not have to reach the ending of a series before my enthusiasm turns to utter disappointment. When I got to the infamous "endless eight" segments of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I decided that the series had screwed the pooch and offended me enough there was little chance of them pulling their fat out of the fire. I have never forgiven them since.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP 648 - Disappointment

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

Fate/Apocrypha. I didn't like the plot or the servants
(the fact that Jack the Ripper was a Loli and Frankenstein a woman irritated the hell out me.). Too many characters to keep track of that were there just to be there. It was just a mess.
Sword art online, while the first season was ok on the verge of being terrible the second season was a complete disappointment in plot and might as well should have just been called "What Girl is Kirito Adding to his Harem Collection" even though everyone knows he has a girlfriend.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.