AP - in 10 years

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP - in 10 years

Post by VicMonado »

What you expect from the anime industry in the next 10 years??

This topic brought to you by HeeroYuy135
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP - in 10 years

Post by rampant_a_i »

I really hope that we're not looking at a complete consolidation in the anime distribution business here in the West. Particularity, I am concerned with the growing influence of Western (read: Hollywood) influence on the dubbing, subbing and integrity of the anime we see outside of Japan.

I also would hope that even in the worst case, that at least by ten years from now, Anime (and other media) will have overcome the SocJus insanity now threatening to plague the content we enjoy.

I expect that Japan will resist the strong-armed influence from outside (false-) interests and continue to focus on story, plot and characters as they usually do, and the evolution of Anime and Manga will follow a more natural path. I still expect, for example, that there will still be interest in robots, mecha and technology. They will continue to give us the types of stories their culture is known for, while adapting the better themes and genres from other cultures. There will still be Shonen, Shoujo, Seinen, etc. There will likely, for better or worse, still be stories set around the Japanese high school setting (though I wish it would _stop_ being so obligatory and prevalent.)
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Re: AP - in 10 years

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I don't really know. I guess I expect to see more of the same from anime 10 years down line. More cash grabs, and the shortening of episodes for a given season, rampant fansevice, and longer tittle names, I don't trust the industry to change for the better. In the realistic department the decline of anime streaming services as they refuse to get their poopoodoodoo together.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.