Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Art School Is Not Easy!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Fanart/Fanfiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think art school sounds easy?
yes
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
i suck at drawing
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
F#$@ art hippies!!
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

MrVisor

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Art School Is Not Easy!! Reply with quote

hey everyone, i see that a lot of people here are really into drawing, which is awesome. im posting this here to give some of you an idea of what it takes to get to art school. and if you have any questions, i can help you out.

this is what i did in my first year at art school, its not a walk in the park like everyone thinks it is.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22744324/?qo=17&q=by%3Amrvisor&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22744413/?qo=16&q=by%3Amrvisor&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22744677/?qo=15&q=by%3Amrvisor&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22744760/?qo=14&q=by%3Amrvisor&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22744876/?qo=13&q=by%3Amrvisor&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

all of these were done with pencil on charcoal paper.
Doug

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantasticles

really nice drawings...i thought the first was a photo, i had to look closer Surprised
Midori-San

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! @.@ You have a great sense of realism there. *stares* Any way you could give me a piece of your talent?
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Shoked Doug is right, they look like B&W photos instead of drawings. I can believe that art school isn't the easiest thing, you've got a lot of talent MrVisor.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good stuff you have there. And alll of it in pencil....my god, the shading must've taken forever!!!! Did you really start out with those kinds of drawings? They didn't teach you anything first? I have some personal experience, I'm an art student as well (only a 2nd semester freshman) and I know being an art major isn't easy!
Ayame Clyne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think anyone here ever assumed art school was a "walk in the park" as you put it. Like every thing you choose at life it's going to take some effort and hard work. Whether you choose Art school or College its still a pain to get into >:\.

You're art is truly awesome and continue the good work. You have alot of talent and i salute you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends ont he art school.
Here in chicago we have a couple. If you go to the School of The Art Institute, then be prepared for them to kick your ass. The school I went to, called The Illinois Institute of Art, was pretty much a cake walk. Especially the Gen-eds were really easy.
Duke

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a Computer Science major in college, and I had friends in the art school. I never made a judgment on whether art school was easy, ability-wise, because I don't have that ability and wouldn't try to do that anyway. I did, however, always get the impression that the Art School people got (figuratively) shiggity on more than any other school. They got the crappiest buildings, they had to buy a ton of expensive stuff, their studios were located way off campus, and they often had to spend a lot of time in a class for less credits than the rest of us.

So, I didn't begrudge anyone in Art School. Unlike me, they were working a lot.
Aki

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, obviously I don't have any close friends who are in art programs besides the people at my school, so I can't really compare. I go to East Carolina University, it's not a specific art institute but it has an awsome art program. My first drawing class just did the basics like learning how to draw a correct box and esipses, chairs and the such for the first half of the semester. our first major project was to draw our shoes, then it was pretty hard but nothing compared to what MrVisor had to do.
West

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Visor, I love your work. That must have taken an insane amount of time.
I love art, but realism is beyond me. Do they make you do photo-realism? Do they make you use a pensile?
One college has only accepted me. They gave me a grant under the condition that I would major in art. I am afraid.
Tsukasa

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow your drawings are really good I can belive art school isn't easy.
yugi567

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice drawings! I guess art school isn't as fun and easy as it was in Hidamari Sketch.

Yugi567.....the hidden character of Mahoraba!
lordkilo

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is really great stuff. At first I thought that these were pictures. Good job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Fanart/Fanfiction All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: