Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
embarassing anime/otaku moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ever embarassed yourself in public about anime?
yes
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
no
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

DJ_Battousai

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: embarassing anime/otaku moments Reply with quote

ok, so I thought this up the other day as a topic idea. my apologies if there has been something similar, if so, please feel free to lock this and please accept my apologies.

The basic idea I thought of this thread on is... when have you ever embarassed yourself in anime or otaku-ness. Like if you suddenly start arguing with someone in a store about a certain anime series or whatever.

or, for example, if you've been overly fanboy(or girl)-ish.

just as an example for myself:
I was volunteering at a convention not long ago called Supanova, and I was at the booth of the main anime provider of Australia (who are called Madman). anyway, I was just having a browse through, and there was this young couple. the girl was trying to get her boyfriend to get a copy of hellsing ultimate. over here, they've got what they're calling an "intro pack" which is volume 1 of hellsing ultimate, and volume 1 of the hellsing manga.

He was rather reluctant, talking about how strict his parents are and stuff, and she was arguing about how he liked the other hellsing and stuff, and I just kinda started talking to them. I was like "Ultimate is like a hundred times better. The animation is better, and the story actually accurately follows the manga. There are some points in it where you could pretty much follow it along word for word." The guy was kinda wowed by that, and his girlfriend turned and said "thank you" and then one of the guys working at the booth looked at me and said "yeah, thanks man"

it was really cool, but I also started blushing a little, cos I totally love hellsing ultimate, so I was being a bit fanboy-ish when I went into that little rant. XP

so.... anyone else? ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rareitemhunter1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. No one has posted here. I pretty much do 'embarassing' stuff like that every day.

Example: I was at a con, and this was just after I started getting really into Bleach. And I love Hinamori, she is so cool. So I was in line buying some ramune and some pocky, and the girl beside me was a Hinamori cosplayer. And I loudly and fangirlishly and SUPER SUPER HIGHPITCHedly screamed in my friends ear, "Oh my god it's Hinamori, I love Hinamori!!"

Both the cosplayer, her friend, my friend and the lady at the cash looked at me like I was insane. And I turned sooooooo red.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. in truth, Im surprised this topic hasn't had more replies. maybe people don't like owning up to embarassing moments?

At another con I was at, Vic Mignogna (Ed from FMA) was there signing and stuff. I was actually a part of Vic's fanclub, and I got cards to promote the fansite mailed to me from the states. when I went up to the desk where he was signing, I showed them to him, and asked him if he wanted me to leave them there for people to pick up.

he was like "Oh my god. So you're a part of the site? that's so awesome. I haven't seen any others from the site around"

I felt a bit odd being the only one who had really mentioned his fansite. but by the end of the con, the whole stack of cards was gone. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rareitemhunter1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! Wait which site is this?? Risembool Rangers?? Or another one??

Must think of more embarassing moments, but I'm so insanely loud and dumb all the time I tend not to notice.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, another Ranger? I'm one, too!

On a side note, I have an embarrasing story that related to Vic. I impaled him. Seriously. With my Ulquiorra mask, no less. Yeah, it was an accident, but he still doesn't let me live it down.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we got on the topic of yaoi and well i let it slip that sephi and cloud was my fave yaoi couple and well...

you can say that it did not go too well...

seeing as i was with a bunch of ff nerds...well they were nerdyer than me...if that is even possible...

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Go the Risembool Rangers! Razz
although I find the Miniskirt Militia quite an interesting concept as well XD

OMG I can't believe you impaled him, division-ten. Razz that's totally hilarious

kit-kat: musta been totally awkward. a friend of mine is more into Vincent XD

here's... well, it wasn't quite embarassing, but it certainly was a nerdy moment. at one of the cons over here, during the cosplay competition, there was a heap of people on the Nintendo DS' in pictochat, commenting on the cosplays. XP
Toasty

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im now programmed that every time I hear the words Chibi or godzilla i start screaming " goroooo!". so all my friends tease me about that.

"I really hate this idea that people have formed in their heads that guns create violence. People create violence, guns are just a tool that help make the weak, strong. If I would stick my head in an oven and die, would you blame the oven? "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: