Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mature Anime Forum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Improvement Advice/Error Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I know I'll regret this, but do you like this idea?
Yeah, sounds cool.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Your wasting space on the AP servers, your life, and my life when I read this.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
w/e
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Mature Anime Forum Reply with quote

A new Forum called "Mature Anime", specially for the more mature aspects of anime.

Not crossing the red line of Hentai talk, as we have [url=]Happy House of Hentai[/url] for that sort of stuff.

No, this would be for mature talk of non-hentai material. Say for example, a topic could be "Tiny girls, huge tracks of land. Why is there always at least one in every anime nowadays?" or "Top 10 Hottest anime girls".

Animes like Love Hina, Negima, SGT Frog, ect. could be discussed in more detail and depth without worrying about offending the audience.

You could confirm your age using simple software that Ichigo and/ or Batou could implement. This forum would be for subscribers, as I'm guessing that such a software isn't free. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

When you become a subscriber or renew your subscription is when the question could be asked, ways to prove your age are rising. Credit Cards (not so much anymore, as many kids use their parents), but do you really need to add it?

I'll say it here, you can travel to any R rated site, but you have to pass through a page that has that "Accept I'm 18" or "Deny under 18" page.

Through now that I think about it, Love Hina is covered in plastic due to mature graphics in it. (a stupid mothers complaint that started this) And on the back of the book, the rating is 16+. So I guess because your talking about anime/ manga, you need to be 16 at least to access the page.

I'm getting into too much detail for a topic that probably will be thrown out like the rest of my ideas that I've posted here, so I'll stop now and read comments to what I have already posted.

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe or not, subject has already been discussed.
http://www.anime-pulse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2468
Ichigo's response is at the bottom.
please remember to check.
and of Course, it was brought by your favorite person Redunit10,......OneSin.XD.

Episode 8 (Season 4) 2:31-2:47(for the entire rant)
Batou: But if you’re posting,
Ichigo: and you have a full keyboard and plenty of room to type,
Batou: there is NO EXCUSE not to write something out!!!
------------------
Episode 158 ....3:42 -3:47
Tim:Angry, assertive British Ladies and whips go together like Pumpkin Pie.
Ichigo

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing us to that Faith, I didn't even remember that thread. That pretty much still encompasses my thoughts, although having it be a subscriber only forum is an interesting idea. I'll reopen this thread just to see what people's thoughts are.

グレンラガン! スピンオン! 俺を誰だっと思ってる
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ayame Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a thread like that really needed? While there could be some interesting topics, it could easily be taken advantage of. Even simple topics such as the example stated: "Tiny girls, huge tracks of land. Why is there always at least one in every anime nowadays?" The answer is simple, because it sells.

The person who suggested it in the first place was OneSin who took the liberty of placing one on her forum, which includes topics such as "Which anime character would you F.u.c.k.?" Now, I know the one here would probably be moderated to the point of it being Rated G, so why have it? If we're not even allowed to discuss things in IRC where most of the older members are, I highly doubt it would be allowed in here where most of the younglings dwell.

Last edited by Ayame Clyne on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red_Alchemist

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesnt seem like a good idea. In order to keep it from turning into a spam-filled hentai thread, you would probably end up with more moderators than regular posters. That's just what I think, at least.
RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spam from what? This whole site is very well protected. You know Red_A, you sound like me from awhile ago. I brought up the subject of spam here, and Ichigo gave me an explanation of a life time.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedUnit10 wrote:
Spam from what? This whole site is very well protected. You know Red_A, you sound like me from awhile ago. I brought up the subject of spam here, and Ichigo gave me an explanation of a life time.

I believe you're thinking of a different kind of spam. I may be interpreting what Red_A said wrong, but I believe he is talking about reposts, back-and-forth conversations between certain users, and repeat threads.

As for my opinion on the idea: I really think that the idea of trying to discuss tits and ass in anime without it completely turning into "LAWLS, BOOBIES!" is nigh on impossible. So, there's not really any point to it.

Also, like Ayame pointed out, there are quite a few youngsters on here and I doubt it would be that difficult for them to lie past age detectors.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the need for a specialized forum for "Mature Anime" discussion. Beyond what has been mentioned as a possible topic (Tracts of Land), what else would we talk about that can't be discussed in existing threads of 'mature' anime?

And what exactly qualifies as 'mature'? Besides overtly sexual content, violence, and language, there are also shows that are mature in their complexity - Eva, RahXephon, Ergo Proxy... I could go on.

Anyway, I don't think there would be enough subject to keep it going.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to add that slapping "Mature" on something would only draw people like me.
One_Sin

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayame Clyne wrote:
The person who suggested it in the first place was OneSin who took the liberty of placing one on her forum, which includes topics such as "Which anime character would you F.u.c.k.?"

Courtesy of ANK, mind you.

I'll have you know that most of the threads in said section are made by yours truly and pertain to much more thought-provoking and controversial topics.

Now that this misconception has been dealt with, go on. ^_^
Ayame Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One_Sin wrote:
Ayame Clyne wrote:
The person who suggested it in the first place was OneSin who took the liberty of placing one on her forum, which includes topics such as "Which anime character would you F.u.c.k.?"

I'll have you know that most of the threads in said section are made by yours truly and pertain to much more thought-provoking and controversial topics.

But it was never locked, moderated, and you yourself participated it in XD

and it was just an example, just stating a fact lol......sorry back to the topic...

its not needed here because it wouldnt be discussed maturely :]

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayame Clyne wrote:
One_Sin wrote:
Ayame Clyne wrote:

But it was never locked, moderated, and you yourself participated it in XD

and it was just an example, just stating a fact lol......sorry back to the topic...

its not needed here because it wouldn't be discussed maturely :]

I think that is the reason why we don't have one, at least to my knowledge.

<blarg> "anime is like sex. it's intended to achieve something, but you just do it to enjoy it anyway"
Reach out and support the boobies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ichigo

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there we have it. I think the overwhelming opinion is that we don't need a special forum for it.

Thanks,

Ichigo

グレンラガン! スピンオン! 俺を誰だっと思ってる
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Improvement Advice/Error Reports All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: