Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rivalries against Ichigo (Read if beyond 250)

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is Ichigo's greatest rival?
Renji
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ishida
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Byakuya
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Kenpachi
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Ikkaku
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Grimmjaw
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Someone else
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ichigo's Inner Hollow
61%
 61%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 26

MrVince

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Rivalries against Ichigo (Read if beyond 250) Reply with quote

there are a lot of comments in here about Ichigo and who is *the* rival. However, I think Kubo has intentionally made some of the rivalries very explicit and others subtle. Here's a list of Ichigo's main rivals in this series.

Kenpachi - Some will argue he is *the* main rival against Ichigo. He is currently at 0-1 with Ichigo and he has stated many times he wants a rematch. However, I think Kenpachi is more interested in battling Ichigo because he feels this will help him reach out to his own zanpaktou. I will not disagree this is the most exciting of all the rivalries, and we are guaranteed by Kubo to see more of Kenpachi later on.

Ikkaku Madarame - At the very least, his level of rivalry is equal to that of Kenpachi's. He is also another character who is at 0-1 with Ichigo. He has come a long way from stating Ichigo was stronger than him to the point where he can release his own bankai. I think this would be a very interesting battle.

Byakuya Kuchiki - Unlike the other rivals, Ichigo has a stronger disdain for Byakuya than Byakuya against Ichigo.

Grimmjaw - This guy is a bad ass mofo, and I know there's a debate if he's going to die or not. However, the sense of rivalry between the two are so strong yet equal. A very exciting rivalry for sure.

Renji - This rivalry has subsided, and I think it's become more of a respectful, sportsmanlike competition than anything. I believe the strong rivalry between the two was short in life and Renji's rivalry with Byakuya has returned to be the main focus in his life.

Ishida - I personally think this is the most important rivalry in the Bleach series. As I said mentioned earlier, this is an example of one of the subtle rivalries. There is a mutual respect between the two as friends, but I think under it all, there's been a growing rivalry especially in Ishida's head to determine who is the #1 protector of life on Earth. I know there's some discussion of a triangle between Rukia, Ichigo, and Orahime, but I think the more interesting one is between Orahime, Ichigo, and Ishida. This is the one triangle we're going to see more of in the future.

"inner hollow" - This probably deserves its own thread and we can go nuts on this topic, but I just wanted to throw this out. This probably will be the longest lasting rivalry if not the most important.
final-flame

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i chose byakuya because f the fact that he was on his little high throne and some random guy came and threw him off sad defeated him... and seeing that he considered himself very high and mighty that mus have had some inpact on his thought process
Telfer

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Grimmjow because he's fought him more than any other character thus far (like, what? 3 times? 3 or 4?). I wouldn't say the others because they were brief fights; I can see why someone would say Kenpachi or Ikkaku, but the only reason they are seen as rivals is because of their nature - they love to fight and if they lose then they get stronger so they can beat their enemy. As a result, they must have huge numbers of rivals, so they don't really count >_<

Though Renji is definitely high on the list of rivalries; ever since they met they seemed to get on like brothers having a freidnyl rivalry, and although it has kinda diminished, they are definitely still rivals. I mean, they raced each other to see who could achieve Bankai first, and they're always arguing and fighting. Hmmm

-----------------------------------------------------

Bleach predictions
-Grimmjow comes back and joins Ichigo against the invaders of Hueco Mundo
-Five special weapons - Ichigo, Ishida, Aizen, Yamamoto (1st Captain), Grimmjow
-Ryuuken (Ishida's dad) is one of the invaders
ohnoes_blah

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say someone else because he's beaten everybody so far, except Ulquiorra and Noitorra, whom he's gonna face
aizen-sama

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well...

ikakku's trying to stand on even ground with kenpachi

renji trying to surpass byakuya

Ulquiorra doesn't give a damn about rivalries

noitora wants everyone crushed beneath power

unless his inner hollow is ripped from his body and forced to fight...no

Ishida just hates shinigami

so grimmjow maybe? if he survives, if not someone else but I think it's grimmjow....damn!! he should die while he's still badass
Afro D. Luffy

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a difficult choice for me to make. There doesn't seem to be one single person in the series that Ichigo has constant struggle to surpass with. In Soul Society, Byakuya seemed like the default choice since he was the guy Ichigo was aiming to beat when he gained Bankai.

However, when you get into the Arrancar and Hueco Mundo arcs, I'd have to say Grimmjow is his rival since they've had several fights and seem to want to surpass one another.

As for Ishida, I only see that as more of a friendly rivalry. They don't seem like they would ever fight each other again, so they've resorted to just one-uping each other in their techniques.

If I had to pick one of the choices in which there's always a power struggle between two people, I'd have to go with Ichigo vs. Hollow Ichigo. That's the only where it really seems like each opposing force is trying their hardest to de-thrown the other.

JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING
IchiHollow

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Ichigo's inner hollow. They always say that one's greatest enemy is the one himself and it kinda fits. His inner hollow is always trying to take over

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Agree ichigo's greatist rival is his inner hollow he will be either at the same power level or above his he wouldn't be below as he is a part of ichigo's soul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BedtimeHERO!

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely his inner hollow, I mean he does have to fight his hollow for his own body, which is hard when your hollow knows more than you!

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to say Renji or his inner hollow, but grimmjow is the one that he admtied to wanting to fight with everything he's got, so i gotta pick him.
Biohazared20

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree the Ichigo's inner Hallow is his greatest rival because if Ichigo ever loses to him, then its all over but I would also have to Grimmjaw is a great rival as well

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The response to this thread has been pretty good. I am very please to see that many of the people who chose Ichigo's inner hollow are posting their reasons.

Should the list of choices be updated?
$10forair
Warnings : 1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked byakuya beacuse when i saw the poll he poped out like whoa yeah it's him. Also, besides hollow ichigo, he seems like he could be one of the few characters to be able to put ichigo in his place, laying defeated on the ground.

The othe rivalries are basically who can become stronger than the others.
Aka the king of the hill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Bleach All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: