Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
It's a Mod Mod Mod Mod Forum.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think the Mods could back down a little?
Yes
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
No
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

Cooro_the_chibi_crow17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: It's a Mod Mod Mod Mod Forum. Reply with quote

Is it just me, or are some of the mods getting a little too heavy handed in their enforcing of AP rules? Occasionally, they act quickly and shut down a thread that once started as a grand source of intellectual debate, that has now become a festering pit of Spam. But when mods get so into what they are doing that they begin shutting down threads because they do not like the topic, or think that the writers of the thread cant control their own posters, that is when they go just a little too far. I'm not mentioning any names in here because nobody else should know who exactly is smackin' me around, but i have had several threads shut down because they were labeled as "Spam" when in fact they were operating well inside the rules of Anime Pulse.
All i am saying, is that if you feel the Mods are acting a little too harshly please, feel free to say something. Just like the police, the mods are here for you, not for their own ends. Mods keep the forum clean of Spam, whiners, excessive flaming, and other unappealing things that come with Forums. So please, Mods, and you know which ones you are, before you shut down that thread because you see one spam post, read the rest of the post, if somebody answers with one word, they might be answering a question asked the the previous poster on another page. If a thread subject sounds like it might be a nest of Spam, CHECK OUT THE THREAD FIRST!!! My Kiwi thread was shut down, even when in the posting rules I said to add comments or discuss something in addition to your word so that way we don't violate the AP rules. Also, if the thread already has a topic, please don't lock it either. Maybe the person who started that duplicate thread wanted to take that topic in a new direction without ruining a post with his views. All I am asking of the mods, is that you please, please make sure that you don't overstep the lines. Also, be aware that my point will be made very clear to all of Anime Pulse if this is locked before somebody else gets to post.

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not touching this... or am I?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
Ohnoes

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't break those cuffs....of caution!
Doug

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this coming from someone who has been a member for about a month. i can see why one might think that the mods are a bit swift on locking, but this forum is very fairly moderated.

we definitely have a few blatant spam threads that are left pretty much alone, and i think thats enough. also, to have one thread to an anime isn't a ridiculous request, if only to make it easier to navigate. and the mods aren't exactly here for us, they are ultimately here to keep Ichigo and Batou's website under control.
Cooro_the_chibi_crow17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug wrote:
this coming from someone who has been a member for about a month. i can see why one might think that the mods are a bit swift on locking, but this forum is very fairly moderated.

we definitely have a few blatant spam threads that are left pretty much alone, and i think thats enough. also, to have one thread to an anime isn't a ridiculous request, if only to make it easier to navigate. and the mods aren't exactly here for us, they are ultimately here to keep Ichigo and Batou's website under control.

this is in respect to other forums that i have been a member of for years, with tons of mod-poster experience. compared to other forums' mods, this ones' are heavy-handed when it comes to it. and if you havent noticed, well at least i have noticed, practically none of the AP staff is on the forums anymore, all posts from them are months, sometimes years old, shows are getting worse, the general attitude of everyone is gradually getting worse. all i am saying is that where i am now in the shows (50) AP is at its prime, i just listened to the newest episode yesterday, and its like its been taken over by zombies! Ichigo sounds like he hasnt slept in weeks, and Batou is so unenthusiastic i almost fell asleep! dont tell me you disagree! they are getting worse, and as a direct result of their apathy, the mods, a select few, are taking over.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make everyone happy, the rules were made for a reason. They keep everyone in order, it is not for one person to say that they are doing what they aren't supposed to do---they are just doing their jobs.

Things close because they close. It doesn't matter how many forums you have been in before the rules are different everywhere, and they can change.
DEATHGOD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the kiwi thread the game itself promoted just making one word posts. While you said it in the rules to post more so it didn't violate the rules the thread encourages posting just one word with a loop hole. As shown after your main post was just a string of one word posts.

Back in the beginning when this forum was made we had a lack of moderation which in turn lead to chaos. While it was enjoyable at the beginning things quickly got out of hand with spammers, people getting feelings hurt, and the list goes on. So some of the older members decided it was time to change how the forum was laid out and we discussed it with Ichigo. After this he restructured the forum and more moderators were added to deal with some of the stuff that got out of hand. Most of the old threads got moved to the Top Fans forum and spam forums. There the old spammers and people that liked the old way, without violating some of the updated rules, could post to their hearts content. While people may see the moderation as severe it reflects what Ichigo and the staff want in their forum. Now if they want to change some things they will tell us about it and we will moderate according to those changes. We are just following the guidelines Ichigo asked us to follow nothing more.

Now if you have some ideas about how the forum could change I recommend you email or pm Ichigo about it. That is how the forum changed originally and Ichigo is always open to suggestions. I know him to be very open to listening to the opinions of the fans that take the time to write him a good letter that has some time put into it. Make sure to check for grammar spelling etc. and backup your points with evidence on how you think it will improve the forum as a whole. This will get a lot more done and he will take the time to read it if the time is put into your ideas.

-DG

God of Manga (マンガの神様)

God of Manga (マンガの神様)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Deathgod is almost right, you don't have to PM or email Ichigo if you want something changed, we have a thread for that, Improvement Advise/Error Reporting. Though emails and PM's will still be taken into consideration we do like feedback from others too.

Doug please don't do that, why should someone stay for more than a month if you're just going insult them like that?

Cooro if you feel the show is getting that way make a thread in the improvement advise forum with your suggestions and comments, we always welcome that kind of stuff, if you can't really think of specific suggestions that's fine too, just start a thread (make sure someone else hasn't started the same thing) stating what you think and encourage others to give their suggestions. As for issues with MODs please feel free to email or PM either Ichigo, myself or another admin with what happened. I will gladly look into the issue, as for the Kiwi thread well Ichigo already commented in it, but if there were any other incidents please let me know in a PM. I hope that this hasn't scared you away from anime pulse. We want you to feel welcome here.

Ok and to the MOD who shall not be named, and all MOD's I would ask that you reply to a thread that you locked with a detailed reason, nothing crazy just a couple sentences so others will know. It not only helps an admin like ichigo or myself to understand what's going on but it also helps those who posted to understand why. Not that I would be dumb enough to complain about the MODs, we would crash and burn without them.
Doug

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltall wrote:

Doug please don't do that, why should someone stay for more than a month if you're just going insult them like that?

it was never meant as an insult, i mean everyone starts at post 1. i just thought it was interesting that such criticism was coming from a relatively new member. and i also commented that i could see why he/she felt that way because like DG said, it was very different a while ago.
Mykalwane

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall the mods do a good job of having a balance of let people do there thing and keeping the rules. At times the lean to the too much or too little modding at times, but overall they keep a good balance between the two.

<blarg> "anime is like sex. it's intended to achieve something, but you just do it to enjoy it anyway"
Reach out and support the boobies
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ichigo

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

God of Anime (アニメの神様)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooro_the_chibi_crow17 wrote:
Practically none of the AP staff is on the forums anymore, all posts from them are months, sometimes years old, shows are getting worse, the general attitude of everyone is gradually getting worse. all i am saying is that where i am now in the shows (50) AP is at its prime, i just listened to the newest episode yesterday, and its like its been taken over by zombies! Ichigo sounds like he hasnt slept in weeks, and Batou is so unenthusiastic i almost fell asleep!

I take exception with some of this. I know at least half of the hosts are on here daily, myself included. And this is the same as it's always been. Batou is rarely on, and it's been like that since the show started. I'm on here all the time, but I don't post unless I have something new to add. I know Weltall is also on here daily, and Tim is on regularly. What more do you want?

As far as the shows getting worse, me sounding tired, Batou sounding unenthusiastic, etc...

We are currently in two different places, I'm in Japan, Batou's in Colorado. This means we're recording right after I get out of bed, plus we're not in the same location so we can't play off of each other as much. We know this is an issue, it's been discussed before here as well as other places. But no one yet has been able to offer a real suggestion as to how to improve it, other than bring in more hosts in one or both locations. But that suggestion doesn't address the fundamental issue of how do you bring the same energy we used to have to a show when we can't see and/or throw water at each other?

I have always been open to complaints, comments, etc... (I actually read everything ever sent to us), but you'll actually get a discussion out of me if you can offer something new or constructive criticism.

Finally, regarding Mod activity. I chose all the mods myself, and agree with their actions. Sometimes they consult me prior to taking an action, sometimes not. But they haven't done anything that has been brought to my attention that I don't agree with in years. So they have, and have earned, my full support.

Thanks,

Ichigo

グレンラガン! スピンオン! 俺を誰だっと思ってる
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mecha_Sama
Warnings : 1

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichigo wrote:
This means we're recording right after I get out of bed, plus we're not in the same location so we can't play off of each other as much. We know this is an issue, it's been discussed before here as well as other places. But no one yet has been able to offer a real suggestion as to how to improve it, other than bring in more hosts in one or both locations.

If you haven't already maybe you could video chat with Batou in order to play off him better.
Arucard
Warnings : 2

Evangelion is cool

Location: A twisted and horror filled environment where only the bravest of souls dare to venture

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair. The rules seem reasonable.

-Zug zug.

-Oh goody. The big lurching freak job has an idea. That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard! Go to the back of the class! Duh, I'm so stupid!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: