Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Umineko no Naku koro ni/ When the Seagulls Cry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Umineko no Naku koro ni/ When the Seagulls Cry Reply with quote

First Ep is out. As usual for 7th Expansion, it is a backstory and introductory episode. Although by the end there was some weird stuff going on.

Oh yeah, lets take a look at the story. This is story 1. As told by the episode being 1-1. Story 1 is the Legend of the Golden Witch. Battler Ushiromiya is the narrator and focus of this story. Basically 8 members of the family arrive on Rokkenjima to discuss how assets will be handled when the head of the house, Kinzo Ushiromiya dies, as it is said he is soon to. There are various other family members and servants on the island adding up to 18. It is said that there are 10 tons of gold somewhere on the island, but in order to find it, one must solve Beatrice's epitaph. Beatrice is the golden witch

Thats the first episode. Obviously I am super excited for this series. The visual novels are astounding and I cannot wait to see them put into an animated format.
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the OP, very gothic and evocative. Given the show's pedigree, I expect a lot a psychotic murder and mayhem. I just hope it doesn't have Higurashi's plot of rebooting the story every few episodes.

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeChaser_Twice wrote:
I liked the OP, very gothic and evocative. Given the show's pedigree, I expect a lot a psychotic murder and mayhem. I just hope it doesn't have Higurashi's plot of rebooting the story every few episodes.

I'm gonna watch it, but I think the whole Gothic things gonna turn me off ><

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is divided into chapters. There are 4 games out right now. It does the whole, question arc, answer arc thing. But it should be much less often then Higurashi, seeing as it had about 4-5 question/answer arcs. Each story should be longer than 4 eps lol.

Last edited by HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nantosh wrote:
TimeChaser_Twice wrote:

I'm gonna watch it, but I think the whole Gothic things gonna turn me off ><

I mainly just meant the OP music. ^^ The show has a nice murder-mystery set up to it, (quarreling family trapped on an island in a storm) with a supernatural twist of course.

HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan wrote:

Well it is divided into chapters. There are 4 games out right now. It does the whole, question arc, answer arc thing. But it should be much less often then Higurashi, seeing as it had about 4-5 question/answer arcs. Each story should be longer than 4 eps lol.

That's good to know.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I need to watch what i type sometimes. After doing more research into the subject, it seems my initial answer is wrong. There are no 'question/answer' arcs. Just each story being animated into numerous arcs. The first story "Legend of the Golden Witch" seems like it will be at least 5 episodes. If anything, it seems they are keeping each arc as either a 'good end' or a 'bad end', with this one being a 'bad end'
ledzepplinrules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited for this series and reminds me that I should probably finish Higurashi.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fairly impressed (or as much as one can be by a first episode) with Umineko. The music is phenomenal, and I can't wait to see how they blend it in with the events that make up the 'bad end'. The one thing that that really turned me off was Maria's incessant, "Uu~ Uu~"-ing, I have never been so happy to see a child smacked before the scene in the garden.

"When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest."
--William Hazlitt

Last edited by Contra on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
fire_head

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they ever make when the seaguls cry into a manga? I really need to catch up im still in the watanagashi arc.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fire_head wrote:
Did they ever make when the seaguls cry into a manga? I really need to catch up im still in the watanagashi arc.

Yes. You can find the first couple of chapters translated on OneManga. Raw files are all over torrent sites though
ledzepplinrules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first episode is so good. I think if it continues like this that it will end up being better than Higurashi.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 2 just kicked my ass in huge way.

Huge improvement over ep 1.

As everyone is eating dinner, they discuss how Maria got the umbrella. After dinner, Maria reads a letter from 'Beatrice' about how she is going to take 'all assets' unless someone finds the gold, at which point she will give back everything, including what was already taken..The night goes on and George proposes to Shannon. Around midnight, Shannon is walking through the guest house and a golden butterfly flies on screen. Now it's morning. 6 people are missing. They look around but don't find them until they go outside and find a shed in the garden has some sort of seal drawn in blood on it. Kannon opens the shed. Eventually, everyone but Kinzo gets outside and gets to see in the shed. Guess what? Yup, 6 dead mutilated people. Fear and disbelief ensues, end episode

Some good stuff. Looking forward to next week.

Did anyone else see that Maria was watching Higurashi on the TV?
HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 3 is out and subbed

Episode I-III

Dubious Move

This just keeps getting better and better.

After the initial shock of 6 murdered people, the remaining 12 begin to ponder who could of done this. Battler tries using his keen logic to make sense of everything, and figure it out. Maria once again goes a little psycho and rants about Beatrice again. A little later they are all talking while Maria watches TV (Higurashi again lol) and the servants discuss why Shannon was killed by Beatrice (It seems they believe in her existence) Battler overhears them and questions them, then Maria goes off on how Battler's scorpion charm from episode 1 protected him. But he reveals that he lost it and doesn't believe in witches. More accusations of murder come up, including why Kinzo has vanished. The end of the episode reveals two more deaths and more bloody symbols written on doors. Good stuff

I'm really liking the mystery part to it. Real plausible ideas are brought up and it really adds to the atmosphere.

Next Up:

Episode I-IV

Blunder

Red_Alchemist

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small bombs.
Not a two-word post.
HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean, Red?

Screen shot time. these be from Episode 2. Spoiler Alert

OMG a shed

Inside said shed

HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Post

Episode 4.

I don't feel like giving a large summary this time, so

They discover that the last 2 people who died, were in their room in a way that no one could of gotten in or left. Weird. Then a servant goes into the basement, and guess what? More killage. it also seems Kinzo is dead because they find his burned 'corpse'. Skipping to the end after some more paranoia and mystery talk, 3 more dead, and maria standing in a corner singing some creepy song and laughing.

I loved this episode

Next Up:

Episode I-V

Fools Mate

ledzepplinrules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy when Eva was brutally murdered. At least now we won't have to deal with that annoying whore and her irritating voice actress.
Warnings : 4

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Episode 5....what the hell?

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah tomorrow I will have my weekly overview up. i still have to watch it. Damn you Remain!

j/k
Remian

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say, I'm just quick with the good Anime's.

But in terms of a sequel, I still say I enjoyed Higurashi a bit more, although this has some interesting aspects to it, although I can't decide If I would like it more if a real person were killing them instead of a witch. The disease aspect of Higurashi was cooler than this supernatural aspect in Umineko...but its all good.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent watched it yet. Remain if you want, do the honors this week.
Remian

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, well I don't have beautiful full screen pics to accompany it, but heres a synopsis

Maria (who is annoyingly crazy) tells everyone AGAIN that Beatrice is the killer, though Sherlock Battler refuses to accept this explanation. As they argue, Natsuhi bars everyone inside the room and challenges Beatrice to show herself. Armed with the shotgun she begins shooting at the appearing Golden Butterflies. By the time everyone breaks out of the room, they find Natsuhi shot in the head, logically explainable only as a suicide, but Maria says it was Beatrice. As the time to solve Beatrice's epitaph runs out, golden butterflies fill the room and the remaining survivors are killed (off screen though). The next instant, everyone is shown in purgatory, joking about their bad ending. This is where things stopped making sense to me...everyone except Battler is convinced that the culprit is a witch. When Battler insists that there is a logical explanation for everything that happened, he is confronted by Beatrice herself, who challenges Battler to prove that the murders were not caused by magic; Battler's disbelief also apparently causes the others to die again(?). Refusing to be dissuaded, Battler accepts her challenge. Later, Beatrice discusses the events she has set into motion with a rival witch, Bernkastel, who plans to lend her own powers to assist Battler. This completely skewed the series for me. I am really not liking this supernatural aspect, and I really miss the gritty realistic horror that Higurashi had. Two rival witches creepin everything to death is not my type of anime...

So I mean...sure...It's too early to really say, but so far I like Higurashi A LOT more, but hey things might pick up, but this really dissapointed me as the first 4 episodes had so much promise to me, but they just wierded things up with that last one...

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched and agree, I still like Higu(lol IRC) better. However, if Umineko was just like Higu, it wouldn't be nearly as good. As a person who knows what to expect from the story, it'll get better man. The plot for Umineko is just as complex as the plot of Higu, the only beef I've had with the series is the characters. I feel there are almost too many of them, and they weren't introduced well enough, but hey, it's early still.

And that letter, was almost a carbon copy of Keiichis letter from Episode 4 of Higu.

Oh, and hello Rika lol.

HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I skipped episode 6 because it failed.

But 7 was back on track.

Battler and Beatrice's game began. Only this time, Beatrice altered the game and became a piece of the mystery herself. IE: All the adults and Maria have seen her and and believe she is a witch. No death in this episode, but I rather enjoyed. If I'm right than this is from the second visual novel, "The Turn of the Golden Witch", as Beatrice has entered this 'turn' of her and Battlers 'game'. Next week promises to be pretty good as well. Sacrifices were mentioned, especially Shannon and George. And I think Kanon's gonna get it too.
HigurasiNoNakuKoroNiFan

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 8

Hear by known as the completely ridiculous episode.

Candy filled Murder, goat headed demons, energy sword things, and the introduction of the Stakes of Purgatory filled this episode. Kanon used a energy sword thing to fight said goat demons, and realized he was indeed human..a little late though. Six people were killed again, this time their guts were ripped open and full of candy. This was done 'To prove that one of the first 6 people could not of been the killer' Maria went all creepy loli again. And Jessica and Kanon were killed off by two of the Stakes of Purgatory, Satan of Wrath, and Asmodeus of Lust.

Fun, yes. Realistic, no. A lot of people are turned off by the 'magic' implied and shown as it is vastly different from it's predecessor Higurashi. I for one welcome the differences, I find it makes it more enjoyable than having a copy of the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: