Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bioshock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazyhaze

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Bioshock Reply with quote

Ok where to start. This game is amazing. Now while I could leave you all with just that and be satisfied with this review id rather throw in some commentary, so imagine this, your in a bar thats in an underwater living habitat. water is slowly leaking out of the window where you see fidh swimming by. dead deformed bodies lying dead on the floor around you. In the juke box to the left you hear "Somewhere beyond the seaaaa." crackle in the back ground and all you can think of is this, where the hell is that damn security camera so i can hack it quick."
This game is what i wish Condemed was. It has a mixture of creepyness as well as curiosity mixed in so while you really dont want to see whats behind the corner, you do in hopes of good things. The story is great so far. now while im only 2/3 through the game maybe. (Im not 100% sure how long this game is) It still has the possibility to completely turn around and give me a bitch-slap to the face. Not that it hasnt given me 12 already. I like how while in the opening you hear your character contemplte things, Most of the story so far that i have found, has to do with the remnants of this underwater fiasco. And your goals do a great job of giving you a valid reason as to why your running around this next area without you wondering too much, well why do i have to go here.
Those of you who have played the demo got to touch upon some of the plasmids, which are genetically altered powers you recieve in the game. One of my favorite parts is that you get more of these then you would expect, and you get the ability to switch between what powerups and abilities you get, which can be great or a burden depending on where you are. Also its bad ass when you get to decide between sending bees (yes bees) at a bad guy or using telepathic powers to throw a dead carcass at them.
Plus what i love about this is with most 360 games you unlock achievements to unlock them. Well in Bioshock all you achievements are to be desired. well its best to put this in an example. One of your achievements is to research enemies by taking pictures of them. while this sounds dumb, theres a catch. There are 5 lvls of research on each enemy, which when you unlock each lvl, you get more abilities, be it more damage against the enemy or a random power up. and much much more. Plus you can choose between plasmids or weapons which means theres plenty of ways to run around and fend for yourself.
This game is deliciously morbid and creepy and i love it.
And for my last thoughts, even though I was complaining in the discussion forum about how I never really die (I am also playing it on medium this time through) I still panic alot about dying, as well as get scared. Even during daytime. This game is all around great, and I Highly suggest getting it asap. Dont even question, and if you do try the demo and realize there s much much more and that the demo doesnt even put a dent into what you can do in this game.
10/10

PS. I just got Two worlds today and as great as it looks, I have to play bioshock more so youll hear from me next week on it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm two worlds eh... heard a lot of good things about it. besides the fact that it's apparently extremely sexist XD

will be looking forward to your review haze.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your talking about the rumors of not being able to play as female in single or multiplayer they are not true.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not that.

I heard that there is just a lack of female NPC to make the world look credible

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aren't all the female NPCs evil? Like things that jump around have cool stuff like slicing things.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Bioshock yesterday, and I agree, this game is freaking amazing. Storyline is awesome, graphics are phenomenal. I went through as the "Good guy", this time I'm going to go through as a total bastard to see if the outcome is any different.
kerochan

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally loved this game, well until my motion sickness set in and then i totally hated it. This is probably one of, if not, the best game of the year. I was totally enthralled with it for the first 3 hours i played. I have severe motion sickness so i had to stop playing after those 3 hours cause i was extremely nasuious and i had the worst headache i have ever had in my life. SO if you have motionsickness i would take some pills and keep playing, its soo worth it. Me on the other hand, i won't take drugs to keep playing but i always recommend this game. By far the creme of the creme. And the morale choice makes it even better. Definately a game with everything.

ho na na

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioshock...iz teh awesomes?

TRUE!!!

Great storyline and gameplay
graphics are great and realistic (save the ice....damn ice)
best voice acting for a videogame ever (probably not but exceptionally very good)

Its great how what you learn through the audio diaries is not in chornological order. It just kind of hops around as it would.

I like to translate a aspect in the game to classic rpg/fantasy (cause it isn't a rpg[no exp] its a fps) just change plasmid to magic. You have passive magic(easier hacking) and active magic(fire with hands).

It makes me think of Resident Evil 4 which was also badass (but not as cool as this!)

But the story, the conceptual sparks placed in it are amazing

(based off the book "Atlas Shrugged")

"Adam is like a genetic canvas, but plasmids...are the paint!"

"What sin are you referring to Mr. Bandy? My sin of drilling?" There Will Be Blood

"I learned girls are great
Grated on my plate
And boys are best
Served with a stake through the chest" -Dan Bejar
GAM3R--G1RL

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best game. Ever.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this game I played it for hours, but not enough to get through the entire game. I rented it, soon I will be buying the game!

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is to nova and quartears, i didnt really see the game as sexist ( ive played all the way through) there is a good amount of female characters in the game and the rumors that there wasnt enough just werent true. there were several good and bad female npc's as well as male. tenenbaum is a good doctor in the game while andrew ryan is a evil person
megasan

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARE YOU A MAN OR A SLAVE? the weirdest line ever. but then again i'm not one to stop and think about things. especially when playing a game. bioshock was quite good and definitly worth the god knows how long i spent on it. and doing it on hard wasn't actually that hard, which slightly disappointed me and the graphics were quite good but there were some annoyances. had the most fun with the chameleon tonic. went to some place where there was a room and you went in, a mist comes and a splicer spawns in your face. except i was invisible so i just killed him easy. i have a 360 and i am proud to say i got the historian and the find or make all tonic achievements, which people say is hard but it isn't really. but damn fun game. had plenty of fun on it and had a laugh making fun of my friend who thought it was actually really scary.
chillyVex4

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmhmmm this was a great game. had lots of fun and copmpared to most shooters which were simply run and gun this game had monster loads of strategy.everything from research to using environmental hazards. loved this game. and good karma is always rewarded. lolz taking on a big daddy's always fun and challenging. though BS 2 came out recently soo I'm looking forward to see how they have improved on the first. but yeah this was an awesome game. lol I recall seeing the trailers and it seems as though we were delivered pretty much what was stated in the game. now I wanna play th first Bioshock again xD. but I'm gonna get 2 until I can play again. so I might just bounce back and forth between the 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: