Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Tokyo Assembly Bill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NegiMudkip

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: The Tokyo Assembly Bill Reply with quote

So I was listening to Episode 258 and 259, so this "Law" or "Bill" that the Japanese government is voting for. So my questions are:

What further details (or Clauses) does this bill have?

How does this sort of voting or how the government works to pass and veto bills differ from the government we have in the US?

How big will this affect the Animation/Manga industry?

The communist party? Really?

So yea...I hope someone or Ichigo can answer these questions. Also I would like to add. Is Japan doing this because it's trying to Westernize itself? I mean all the sex Japan (And from my prospective, Japan is more open armed with sex than say the U.S.) as would be shunned upon in some European countries and the U.S.

~NegiMudkip
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer those questions, but i do know that the bill was passed(?) today. That's what BBC has said anyways.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Dreagon

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What further details (or Clauses) does this bill have?

The bill is very vague, it barley gives enough details. Even though they had to revised the dam thing. >.>

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-12-15/full-tokyo-assembly-passes-youth-ordinance-bill

In my opinion this won't completely destroy the anime/manga industry. It will have to adapt and hopefully this will bring a few good changes... Or it'll crash and burn. Hmm to early to tell really.

Well at least I still have my Korean Manga!

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
I can't answer those questions, but i do know that the bill was passed(?) today. That's what BBC has said anyways.

Could you give me a link to the BBC website with the article or video?
pimphand

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a Necro Post but I don't think that bill had any real effect. I have not noticed a change in Tokyo in regards to this over the past two and a half years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Questions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: