Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What Are You Currently Playing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: What Are You Currently Playing? Reply with quote

Not sure If there is one right now, but we could use a new one.

Parasite Eve - I am about 1 hour into it. Replaying it for the upcoming 3rd part! Loving it because this was one of my favorite games back in the day.
paltir

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a drunk purchase, I decided to just go for it and got all the DLC for mass effect's 1 and 2.

Playing both from the beginning all the way through to the end, one Shepard, in preparation for ME3 this fall. Since it's got something like 1000 different interactions based on previous games, I'm gonna try and do most of the side quests.

"Not your worst nightmare; your every nightmare."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Freaken_Pope

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Bulletstorm and various other games that seem to kill my time. Minecraft man, it makes all productivity of the day disappear.
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Freaken_Pope wrote:
Playing Bulletstorm and various other games that seem to kill my time. Minecraft man, it makes all productivity of the day disappear.

Never tried minecraft maybe i should since I'm hearing that everyone is playing it. lol
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to force myself to get off Minecraft every day!

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

blackluster2008

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bulletstorm" is currently what I'm playing. As soon as I finish that I'll try to play through "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together". Most likely I'll break down and buy/play "The 3rd birthday" (Parasite Eve) and/or "Dissidia 012"

"You think you die and everything's sugar and rainbows?"
-Sazh (FFXIII)
paltir

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with most of what you are saying in theory, about 100% completion, this play-through is different. Because of how much is affected by the time you get to the third game, I am going for a 'realistic' feel. I want FEEL the choices. Sure many of my choices are renegade, but I do my best to help out when necessary, and ignore shiggity I don't feel I would have time for if I was really racing to save the galaxy. That way by the third game the choices I make feel real and have more impact, which is what a game should strive for.

My issue with this, as it always has, is that for the most part, the big renegade choices suck ass. Sure the small ones that achieve the same result or give you a little more cash at the expense of grey area legality, are fine. But for overarching 'no I don't have time to rescue your fudging cat' choices when I am CHASING THE GUY TRYING TO BRING DOWN THE GALAXY AND TIME IS AN ISSUE, renegade nets you nothing. There is ZERO drawback from accepting every mission and completing it. The whole 'smashing through red tape and do what needs to be done' to get to the BBEG? No benefits. You have less money, less weaponry, and are lower level. This is a total crock of shiggity and Bioware knows it. They just assume people just want to be a 'badass' and do renegade. HELLNO! The whole point of most cowboy cop films is that they may break a few laws, but they get the job done. HENCE BEING A GD SPECTRE! YOU ARE THE LAW! Give me something for being a dickhead and general selfish fudge just trying to stop Saren. Less casualties? Nope. Less baddies to fight? Nope. Less defences? Nope. More time on time sensitive missions? Negative.

Yeah, I'll stop now, but you see my issue here..... but it's for another thread.

The point is, by making choices I feel I should make and doing what I deem necessary, I set myself up for more attachment to the character(s) by the third game, which leads to a more rewarding expirence. Full completion is for subsequent playthroughs, not a 'one shot from the beginning best experience possible' run.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrotherHumble

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Okami and New Vegas. I am getting really frustarated by Okami on the Wii though. It's not very intuitive when it comes to the line drawing and the text goes by so slowly that it drives me nuts. New Vegas is cools, I'm on my 3rd playthrough.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paltir wrote:
While I agree with most of what you are saying in theory, about 100% completion, this play-through is different. Because of how much is affected by the time you get to the third game, I am going for a 'realistic' feel. I want FEEL the choices. Sure many of my choices are renegade, but I do my best to help out when necessary, and ignore shiggity I don't feel I would have time for if I was really racing to save the galaxy. That way by the third game the choices I make feel real and have more impact, which is what a game should strive for.

My issue with this, as it always has, is that for the most part, the big renegade choices suck ass. Sure the small ones that achieve the same result or give you a little more cash at the expense of grey area legality, are fine. But for overarching 'no I don't have time to rescue your fudging cat' choices when I am CHASING THE GUY TRYING TO BRING DOWN THE GALAXY AND TIME IS AN ISSUE, renegade nets you nothing. There is ZERO drawback from accepting every mission and completing it. The whole 'smashing through red tape and do what needs to be done' to get to the BBEG? No benefits. You have less money, less weaponry, and are lower level. This is a total crock of shiggity and Bioware knows it. They just assume people just want to be a 'badass' and do renegade. HELLNO! The whole point of most cowboy cop films is that they may break a few laws, but they get the job done. HENCE BEING A GD SPECTRE! YOU ARE THE LAW! Give me something for being a dickhead and general selfish fudge just trying to stop Saren. Less casualties? Nope. Less baddies to fight? Nope. Less defences? Nope. More time on time sensitive missions? Negative.

Yeah, I'll stop now, but you see my issue here..... but it's for another thread.

The point is, by making choices I feel I should make and doing what I deem necessary, I set myself up for more attachment to the character(s) by the third game, which leads to a more rewarding expirence. Full completion is for subsequent playthroughs, not a 'one shot from the beginning best experience possible' run.

I feel you man. I know exactly what you mean. I play a lot of the karma system games, like KOTOR and Fable and stuff like that, but that is a point that i also noticed. When you are good, the benefits seem way to nice, while bad gets you nothing in return. Bioshock did it right...but it wasn't really a karma system as it was just making life difficult for you.

As for what I am playing, mainly app games like Infinity blade and Sonic 4. Some decent stuff, but still waiting to get a new, good game...maybe Disgaea 4 or something...

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figuring out how taxes work is kind of like a game, right? Right?!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menos wrote:

...I'll save Paltir the trouble...

No, it's fudging not! If taxes were fun, I would be fudging doing them!

...that felt...weird...

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After finishing Homefront, I'll have to say that not all games are fun.

Right now I'm playing Chrono Trigger. Somehow, I suddenly got an itchy Chrono Trigger finger (lame joke, I know Laughing ).

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Neurotic

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy VI. I played it way back when but never finished it. I'm gonna do it this time.

Oh, and agreed with paltir and Mao Tenshi about being Renegade in Bioware games (or any game with a karma meter). If you refuse quests they should give you the experience you would get from doing it (it doesn't make much sense if you think about it but it stops you from being under-levelled). You won't get some nice weapon upgrades but so long as shops sell decent weapons it shouldn't matter.
I never have the patience to go for 100% completion first time round. Maybe later if I really like the game.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neurotic wrote:
Final Fantasy VI. I played it way back when but never finished it. I'm gonna do it this time.

Oh, and agreed with paltir and Mao Tenshi about being Renegade in Bioware games (or any game with a karma meter). If you refuse quests they should give you the experience you would get from doing it (it doesn't make much sense if you think about it but it stops you from being under-levelled). You won't get some nice weapon upgrades but so long as shops sell decent weapons it shouldn't matter.
I never have the patience to go for 100% completion first time round. Maybe later if I really like the game.

Final Fantasy VI is my favorite of all. The GBA remake was solid. Kefka is also one of the few characters in gaming I can actually say I'm afraid of. He's pretty evil...

Hate game developers making shoddy game systems...they need to think things through a bit more...

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing you guys talk about it, gets me wanting to play Final Fantasy. I never played 1 - 6 (I know I know, I should be ashamed) so I guess now is the time to do it. Especially since I got Nintendo emulator for my computer.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Neurotic

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that the whole bad karma meter = No EXP thing is shoddy, just perhaps not as thought through in Mass Effect where the main mission is pretty fudging important.

I haven't played through any of 1-6 fully. I got partway through 4 then left it for ages and forgot what I was supposed to be doing and I have 2 on my PSP.

FF6 is a freaking huge game. I think it says a lot that they only tried to do the whole parallel storylines thing again when they moved to the next-gen consoles.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neurotic wrote:
I wouldn't say that the whole bad karma meter = No EXP thing is shoddy, just perhaps not as thought through in Mass Effect where the main mission is pretty fudging important.

I haven't played through any of 1-6 fully. I got partway through 4 then left it for ages and forgot what I was supposed to be doing and I have 2 on my PSP.

FF6 is a freaking huge game. I think it says a lot that they only tried to do the whole parallel storylines thing again when they moved to the next-gen consoles.

That's why it is the best in the series. Square Enix did this one too right, like how SEGA's Dreamcast was too advanced for it's time. The game has so much in it, you need to take your time. And there are some very tough challenges within it...and more than it's fair share of secrets...

Zetsubou-Billy

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borrowed Dead Space 2 from a friend, finally getting around to play it. I can say so far i'm liking the first one a bit more. But it still an awesome game!
annakyoyama88

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Devil May Cry 2 right now

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted the first and third ones, because my cousin said that they were the best ones, but he traded them in before I wanted to play them, and DMC2 was the only one I could find at the 3 gamestops i went to Hrm And now, if i do find one of them, i don't have enough money... Trying to find a job :]

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psst! The first one is the best.

I've somehow been roped into helping pick out clothing and makeup for a young woman, so she can succeed in her new job at a hostess club. I'm also being monitored by the police for my involvement in a nascent gang war, and constantly being assaulted by street punks. With all this going on, I have no idea when I'm going to get back to playing Yakuza 4.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

annakyoyama88

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that must be fun... Hrm Well, I give you the best of luck with everything!

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Menos wrote:

...I'll save Paltir the trouble...

No, it's fudging not! If taxes were fun, I would be fudging doing them!

...that felt...weird...

You fail. It felt weird because you suck at it.

Taxes? fudge taxes bro. The rich folk hire lawyers to pour through the 1000page tax code looking for loopholes, and the poor folk get audited. fudge. THAT. NOISE!

Honestly It's just math and paperwork. Only an idiot can't do his taxes, or pay 30bucks for turbotax or similar. It ain't that hard. Unless you own a business, it's a piece of fudgin cake.

Also. More ME revelations.

Dammit bioware! I'm going for a rough and tumble sarcastic son of a bitch Shepard here! This is hard when you aren't very clear on your conversation options. Add some damn (Accept) or (Decline) tags on the end of the conversation options. Just because I want to be snarky DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING EASY FOR CASH! Also, a real renegade takes the bribe, THEN kills/turns in the crimelord/douchebag/punk. He doesn't refuse a bribe and kill them! Granted 'Blood for blood' options are awesome, but tell me, is HE gonna be using the money after i put two slugs in the back of his head?

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it was a joke! Good God Nono .

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menos wrote:
Guys, it was a joke! Good God Nono .

One more reason why it felt weird...

As to my recent gaming adventure, I have been playing the Inotia series app games. Not bad, but not to great either...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: