Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Do you like video game music? Check this out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Do you like video game music? Check this out Reply with quote

Hey lovelies! I just started doing these special Video Game Musical episodes! Tell me what you think please!

What I do is I talk about a game and play some of the music. I've been calling them Musicasts. Check 'em out if you care about VG-Music at all.

Zelda Musicast: http://whoburnedmytoast.blogspot.com/2011/03/musicast-ep-1-legend-of-zelda.html - this is me Very Happy!

F-Zero Musicast: http://whoburnedmytoast.blogspot.com/2011/04/musicast-02-f-zero.html

Castlevania 1,2, and 3 Musicast: http://whoburnedmytoast.blogspot.com/2011/04/musicast-ep-03-castlevania.html - this is me Very Happy!

We'll continue to do them every other week.

"Video Game Musicast and Podcast"

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO love Zelda!

I'll definitely have to check it out!

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. This sounds interesting. Could you do one of Sonic(if you haven't already) or maybe Advance Wars?

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Advance Wars is DEFINITELY coming! I love those games so much. Sonic is coming too. We only have 3 episodes so far, but we have a huge list of games we'll be doing.

Obvious ones are coming of course Sonic, Final Fantasy, Metroid. We're also going to do some obscure titles that either one of us just really love.

Thanks for the suggestions! The way I'm doing them I'm trying to do them in order starting with the oldies first Razz! Brad is doing whatever game he feels like it--so you get two different tastes of music/games.

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Den wrote:
lol Advance Wars is DEFINITELY coming! I love those games so much. Sonic is coming too. We only have 3 episodes so far, but we have a huge list of games we'll be doing.

Obvious ones are coming of course Sonic, Final Fantasy, Metroid. We're also going to do some obscure titles that either one of us just really love.

Thanks for the suggestions! The way I'm doing them I'm trying to do them in order starting with the oldies first Razz! Brad is doing whatever game he feels like it--so you get two different tastes of music/games.

Awesome! Can't wait for Metroid!

Oh, and don't forget about Tetris and Phantasy Star. Need to have those in there obviously.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm Phantasy Star <3! Yesh! Another series that'll take me quite a bit of episodes to get through lol.

Each episode is about 30 minutes of talking and music, so I usually only have enough time for like 3 games max when I do series.

Some games however will get their own entire episode though. Actually I haven't picked which I'm going to do next. I was thinking about Gradius though.

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gradius is cool. What about Ikaruga and Jet Set Radio?

Not to mention JSR Future...

And Ollie King...

And Suoer Monkey Ball...

...your set for life with episodes dude...might want some help making them...

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Ollie King. You know I have the rest of those on my list except Ollie King. Thanks! You're right there are a myriad of great games with great music.

These episodes are such a blast to do I love it. Keep the suggestions coming <3~!

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...what about the ambient music from Warcraft, Starcraft, Myth, and Diablo?

There is also Rayman, Wipeout, GoldenEye, Timesplitters, Resident Evil, Capcom Vs. Marvel, Gauntlet, Golden Sun, the Mana series(secret, sword, children, ect.), Metal Slug, Mortal Kombat...

Yikes...better do some research...

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Hmmm...what about the ambient music from Warcraft, Starcraft, Myth, and Diablo?

There is also Rayman, Wipeout, GoldenEye, Timesplitters, Resident Evil, Capcom Vs. Marvel, Gauntlet, Golden Sun, the Mana series(secret, sword, children, ect.), Metal Slug, Mortal Kombat...

Yikes...better do some research...

Surprisingly enough I do have some of those on my list. Others you mentioned I've overlooked because well, Rayman really? lol I'll have to listen to some tracks but I don't have much hope!

EDIT: Turns out Rayman music is pretty damn awesome XD - It's in the list now thanks.

As for research, Since Brad and I are switching off between episodes, I have about 3 weeks to research my next project >Smilie_PDT. I did Zelda, I did Castlevania, maybe I should get my RPG on and do Seiken Densetsu 1, 2, and maybe 3. I'm sure the next episode is going to be Brad doing Metroid.

Ahhh soo many choices. Phantasy Star collection sounds great too! >.<;;

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome episodes! I can't wait for more!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menos wrote:
Awesome episodes! I can't wait for more!

Thanks so much! There comin' Razz!

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the F-Zero one was awesome man. If I can find any games with kickass sound tracks, I'll either PM you, or post here.

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! and actually I just found out. Brad's decided to do Megaman this episode instead of Metroid. So look forward to that :p.

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three words: Final Fantasy Musicast.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Menos: it should cover all the games that had atleast one kickass song.

And how about after a while, you guys do the top 10(or whatever number you choose) of a certain topic involving music? Boss themes is going to be a number one, but what about remixes?

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:

And how about after a while, you guys do the top 10(or whatever number you choose) of a certain topic involving music? Boss themes is going to be a number one, but what about remixes?

Brad has claimed FF6 already, but I'm doing the rest. I think I'll take my time with the FFs. The music in all of them is so great.

Also a top 10 sounds like a great idea. We should probably do an episode like that together lol.

You mean like the arranged soundtracks? Yeah man I've got plans for that too. I think first I want to lay a foundation. All these games we're doing are just like... y'know a MUST DO. Once I get through some of these I'll start adding some prestige Wink!

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna be epic! Of course, not as epic as SKYYRRIIMM!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you and Skyrim. That game looks like it's going to tear some serious a$$!

Can't wait to check it out. Now here's the real question. If I don't own a gaming PC... am I going to miss out on a lot if I get it on either PS3, or 360?

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, man. I'm getting it on PS3, myself.

Also, Skyrim and Uncharted 3 are being released 11 days apart?! I'm gonna have a heart attack! And no money!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Den wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:

Brad has claimed FF6 already, but I'm doing the rest. I think I'll take my time with the FFs. The music in all of them is so great.

Also a top 10 sounds like a great idea. We should probably do an episode like that together lol.

You mean like the arranged soundtracks? Yeah man I've got plans for that too. I think first I want to lay a foundation. All these games we're doing are
just like... y'know a MUST DO. Once I get through some of these I'll start
adding some prestige Wink!

Ever hear of www.ocremix.org? It's got some of the best video game remixes I've ever heard. Check it out if you ever want to listen to something old made something new.[/url]

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah we <3 ocremix.org. Before we started this musicast, we would theme our episodes after different games, and sometimes we'd use remixes from ocremix for the episode.

The most recent ones we used was from Street Fighter II. "Ryu for 4 Piano's", "Go home and be a family man (guiles theme)", and "Clamato Fever". All great songs.

Actually a while back we interviewed Danny Baranowski, the music creator for Super Meat Boy, and he said that is where he got his start. That's when I first heard about it. It's a great episode actually if you care to listen to his story. It's episode 31. Also check out the interview with SoulEye, guy who did music to that PC game VVVVVV, on episode 29.

Lol we've always been about the music Wink!

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quickly becoming a video game music fanboy thread! I love the soundtrack to VVVVVV.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menos wrote:
This is quickly becoming a video game music fanboy thread! I love the soundtrack to VVVVVV.

You and me both man. That game and in combination with the music are one of the best experiences I've found on the PC platform in a while! I love how challenging it is, and the music man, omg! So perfect.

BTW all of that SoulEye's music is great man. www.Souleye.se, he has a bunch of free mp3's on his site. And he's a really funny dude.

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beep boop! Beep boop! People, check out VVVVVV if you haven't already!

Trust me: I'm a robot!

Feel free to smack me in the back of the head.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: