Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VG Pulse Thread of Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: VG Pulse Thread of Multiplayer Reply with quote

With an ever increasing emphasis on multiplayer gaming, regardless if the network is working or not, why is it so important? Or is it not?

Lord Canti

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiplayer is important, coop and/or competitive, because it helps unite people from around the world. Of course there are always ignorant people who argue with that but it's a good tool for two completely different people to talk about something they both have in common.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i all depends on the game. For shooters i think multiplayer is important and it should be standard now n days as well as co-op. The only problem I see with some shooters is that the co-op is only online i think they should all have split screens as well as online play. action adventures i fell doesn't need online play I mean honestly can you picture a bunch of kratos's running around on the screen beating the crap out of each other ( hmm i guess in theory it sounds good but the game would most likely look and play horrible). Anyway moving on i feel RPGs can do multiplayer pretty well look at what pokemon has done. multiplayer is important to the pokemon series for multiple reasons . most other genres like racing, sports, fighting, party,ect should have multiplayer standard now n days

on another note need for speed hot pursuit was a good racing game but not having a split screen was a fail. drunk party night's with no racing split screen action is a fail.

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us put it simply: you can play a single player maybe 2-3 times before you really begin to get bored of it and learn al the small, finite details. With Multiplayer available, you now have infinite replay ability as the matches are never the same. You can go online and choose the same game mode, but the people you play with will never be the same for long. It is a good way to extend the life of a game and to let people commune with others elsewhere in the world.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how else are 13 year olds going to call people f*ggots without getting beat up?

Anyways how else would we shot our buddy in the back or toss a grenade at him? Split screen is way too distracting and shooting strangers is fun fun fun

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important for people that like to compete and interact, but if you like to play alone, it isn't neccessary

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great way to add longevity to a game

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it depends on the game whether or not it needs multiplayer. A game like Brink (A new fully online shooter by Splash Damage) needs multiplayer or it would fail, but a series like mass effect of fallout doesn't need multiplayer to be a hit.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noir wrote:
Well how else are 13 year olds going to call people f*ggots without getting beat up?

...I could have sworn they were 5...they ruined left 4 dead online for me.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:

No 5 year olds would be more civil

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not important to me.
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noir wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:

True, true...but just give one a few shots of testosterone, and BAM, they tend to act like that. It is pretty bad at times, but I do agree that 13 year olds are the biggest pain on the online gaming community. It;s like they think they know everything...

RedUnit10

Inquisitor General

Inquisitor General

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiplayer does allot of things, it provides re-playability, its gives game developers a way to divert gamer's attentions while they produce new games, and it also flues a new way for that game to become known "machinima".

I personally don't care for multiplayer as I can never find an online team that will be as serious as I am in game to work together towards the goal, everyone thinks they can go all "loan wolf" and win that way. Lets see how far that gets you when the zombie apocalypse hits.

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have never had the chance to do multiplayer. So, to me it is not important.
Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:

True, true...but just give one a few shots of testosterone, and BAM, they tend to act like that. It is pretty bad at times, but I do agree that 13 year olds are the biggest pain on the online gaming community. It;s like they think they know everything...

I freaking love showing them up just so I can hear their girly little voices rage

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally believe it's important because it's best to share such great experiences like Portal 2 with friends/family. I just wish more companies would do split-screen co-op instead of online multiplayer only

DEATHGOD

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When done right a multiplayer feature can add a whole new mechanic to the game and extend the life of the game itself. A good example of it adding a great deal to the game would be:

Minecraft with its openness allows the players to make up their own modes with co-op or counter-op play. There is a severe lack of games that do counter-op well or at all. The online mode made the difference in me actually purchasing the game since it allowed for creation of any type of mode I wanted. Sandbox games like minecraft I feel really benefit from online play unlike some other games that it feels tacked on to sell more copies.

Also as of now there still is a limit on what we can do with AI within games. After awhile, most people playing will learn the movements of the Ai within the game. Adding a human adds another mechanic and a bit of randomness needed to make it enjoyable.

Last edited by DEATHGOD on Thu May 19, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
xboxAlex

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONE GAME

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Weather you love it or hate it, have played and are a level 80 paladin it for have only seen the ads on tv <--- (that's me). You have to admit that the game has over 13 million subscribers so muiltyplayer games are big and yes people play them i have heard. This whole comment might be off topic but yeah !!

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboxAlex wrote:
ONE GAME

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Weather you love it or hate it, have played and are a level 80 paladin it for have only seen the ads on tv <--- (that's me). You have to admit that the game has over 13 million subscribers so muiltyplayer games are big and yes people play them i have heard. This whole comment might be off topic but yeah !!

The cap is 85 and rogue ftw bitch *backstabs* 8D

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noir wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:

I freaking love showing them up just so I can hear their girly little voices rage

Personally, I just can't stand it when they play their rap music thinking they are cool, but that is fun admittedly.

Noir wrote:
xboxAlex wrote:
ONE GAME

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Nuh-uh. Sorry Noir, But warlock lvl85 ftw. That Technically makes it 2 lvl 85s or 1 lvl 170 character. Oh, and just having a Fel Guard is worth all the effort and armour restrictions.

xboxAlex

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see from the above multilayer games are are big deal !!

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mao Tenshi wrote:
Noir wrote:
xboxAlex wrote:
ONE GAME

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Nuh-uh. Sorry Noir, But warlock lvl85 ftw. That Technically makes it 2 lvl 85s or 1 lvl 170 character. Oh, and just having a Fel Guard is worth all the effort and armour restrictions.

But I hated playing as a warlock I always died Dx

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, personally I don't play multiplayer games all that often so I don't see it as important. I mostly play RPGs and single player games. You know, games with a storyline? I also play video games for entertainment and I fail to see the entertainment in playing FPS with a bunch of pre-pubescent dipshits. Even if they are easy to kill, it feels like a hollow victory when they yell childish abuse down a headset and you realise that you could've been doing more worthwhile things than wounding a half-retarded 13-year old's pride.
Playing split-screen with friends is fine but there's only so long that it can remain fun and split-screen appears to be on the downturn anyway.
triforcewarriorcody

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well multiplayer isnt something i care to much about the only game i have ever even cared about playing it is call of duty but even then i havent played it in months so realy its not that important in my veiws besides im a fighter fan
Dee Squig

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason multi-player is growing is while a computer is challenging, no video game AI have been challenging as a human on the other side of the screen. you don't see MLG playing for the high score like the arcade days, and the reason for this is multi-player wasn't available.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Pulse Shows All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: