Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Noir, after A LOT of searching I got some bad news. Due to the cold climates of Skyrim, there will be no Argonians in The Elder Scrolls 5.

Don't feel TOO bad, as I found an interview with Todd Howard giving an orgasmic amount of info on Skyrim. Prepare to chance your underwear!

http://nerdtrek.com/skyrim-details/

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Argonians.......ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....at least moda MAY be availible on the console version
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a recent interview with Eurogamer, Bethesda's Todd Howard discussed the differences between the PC and console versions of the studio's upcoming RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- or, rather, the lack thereof. "The game looks the same," Howard said, though he later added, "With the PC, the texture sizes are going to be as big as you want to make them, and you can pump the resolution up, obviously." As far as the visual nitty-gritty (yes, that's a technical term), Howard explained that Skyrimis "mostly a DirectX 9 game in terms of how the shaders work.

"Sure, that may mean that the game could lack some of the technical punch of DX11, but there's an advantage to Skyrim'splatform neutrality. Speaking to Edge, Howard said that the user-generated content authored by the game's PC players could be made available to console gamers, as well. "We'd like to see it happen, because it works, it's how we made the game," Howard said. I'd like to see it happen, too -- but only if it results in me getting those pretty environmental updates, and not the creepy ones that make everyone so very naked.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menos wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
I couldn't get into the Elder Scrolls games. They looked fun, but I just couldn't get into them.

Not even Oblivion?! Shoked . While your thinking about LESS important games, me and Noir will be chatting it up about the MOST important game.

Honestly Menos, I couldn't get into the games because they just seemed to take forever...that and the graphics sucked...big time...

I might rent it, or wait for the Game of the Year edition to come out with all the DLC. I own the MorrowWind GotY, and have played the Oblivion GotY, but the games were just...meh. I'll give Skyrim a shot, but I'm not getting my hopes up in anyway.

I'll probably stick with my Disgaea games, and the hundreds of hours I can waste...

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After wanting, nay BEGGING, for any scrap of info Bethesda might throw my way, Gametrailers TV has released an interview with Todd Howard. In this interview he talks about the dragons, beginning of the game, and loot.

Bethesda, just freaking give us a demo or SOMETHING!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/todd-howard-gt-tv-extended/713229

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Noir

Sensei (先生)

Sensei (先生)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo won't be out to the public sadly but that might be a good thing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's blasphemy Noir! Take it back!

Also, go on Vent. Your sempai demands you.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if the concept of defeating just several dragons in Bethesda's forthcoming Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim* wasn't enough to get your dragon-murdering blood going, maybe this little bit of info from producer Todd Howard will: "There is an unlimited number of dragons" in the forthcoming game, he told Norwegian magazine Gamer.no (according to a fan translation on Bethesda's forums). Not only will dragons appear in scripted encounters, but they'll also be randomly generated in the gameworld.

The translation also notes that "all dragons speak" in the game, with Howard further explaining "it's actually what they do when they are spouting fire." He hinted that some dragons will be able to communicate with the player in "the common tongue," though I'm distinctly worried about what happens when a dragon can't remember the "common" word for something. Does he try to pronounce it in dragon, and accidentally set ablaze whoever he's speaking with? Either way, it sounds dangerous.

*AAAAWWWW!!!!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that sounds funny if a dragon forgot what to say...one more way for your character to die, coming right up!

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
maxx627

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait love everything bethesda

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. If you look back at all my posts in this thread, you can see I'm VERY excited for Skyrim!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G4TV has Todd Howard and 14 minutes of gameplay — watch it here!

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-E3-Gameplay-Demo/

Learn more about dragons and being dragonborn in a new preview at IGN.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1173504p1.html

PC Gamer/CVG caught up with lead producer Craig Lafferty to learn more about the game’s length.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/skyrims-main-quest-30-hours-long-additional-content-lasts-two-to-three-hundred-more/

I... uh.. just... believe it or not, I'm actually speechless.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a cool game, might check it out.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gethsemane wrote:
looks like a cool game, might check it out.

Are you sure you can keep from getting bored since it's about 300 hours long? I know how you get bored easily.

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethesda is preparing a Skyrim pre-order bonus that will remind fans of the PC role-playing roots of the Elder Scrolls series. If you pre-order the game, you'll get ... a "feelie!" Specifically, a "premium quality world map" will be "automatically" included with your copy.

I'm just going to assume that "premium quality" means "cloth." It just wouldn't be right to fully nerd out over an old-school RPG without the thrill of unfurling a limited-edition cloth map. It's getting pinned to my wall in either case, I'm thoroughly ashamed to admit.

EDIT: Possibly in response to a certain material-obsessed blog post, Bethesda updated its own post to note that the pre-order map is "a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and Europe."

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

maxx627

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethesda games are so long and time consuming but that is the good part you get your moneys worth and lots of fun things to do. What class and race did you pick in Oblivion and are there any new classes or races. I am an Imperial Knight

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an Imperial human knight. I don't know what races are available, but it's been confirmed that there are 10.

I believe this info should more than make up for it:

No class selection at the start.

Every skill you level adds to your overall level.

After leveling, choose from additional health, magic or stamina, along with new perks.

No 50-level cap, instead you advance slower as you progress.

18 total skills. Mysticism and others were cut.

10 total Races to choose from.

5 Schools of Magic to choose from: Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion and Restoration.

Morrowind had 27 skills, Oblivion 21.

You can specialize or dabble in all skills.

Set 200 years after Oblivion. Dragons have returned. As Civil War rages, you must stop the Dragon God as the destined Dragonborn.

Developers promise combat is more “dynamic and tactical” than before. Focus was on improving combat and the feel of weapons in your hands.

Each hand can be assigned a function.

Sprinting is now possible, depletes Stamina.

Quests will be more dynamic and modified based on how you’ve built your character, you skills and your decisions.

Gameplay in the third-person viewpoint has been improved to be more natural.

Variation in caves and underground (hopefully underwater as well) portions have been greatly improved.

The game includes five “massive” cities.

Conversations are more realistic. No more static characters, they will look at you different, walk around as they talk, etc.

You can carve new weapons out of metal at a forge by weapon smithing.

Both hands are used in combat allowing for dual-wielding. Such using a
Dagger with your left hand and a Mace in your right. This greatly varies combat.

You can have a Western-style Duel by challenging any NPC character to a life-or-death “Duel”.

A new Inheritance system means killing a shopkeeper will transfer ownership to their family. This will anger them.

You can still get a quest from the family of an inheritance but it will take more skill in conversing or special favors from you to get the quest.

The game will now include level-scaling. For better or for worse. Enemies will be matched based on your strengths and weaknesses.

Enchanting returns.

The game includes a “Radiant Storytelling” system. This means the game looks at everything you’ve done and tailors Quests based on your choices.

So the game will pick a place you’ve never been based on the surrounding quests you’ve done, people you’ve talked to, where you’ve been, etc. The amount of information the game stores based on how you play is infinitely more complex this time around.

Fast-travel returns. Travel anywhere with a single button press.

Towns will have a lot more to do. Details are few, but jobs seem to include weapon tailoring, farming, cooking, mining, etc.

Graphics now include dynamic shadows.

Face models have been dramatically overhauled. Characters show more emotion and there are distinct facial differences between races.

Characters look more realistic.

The game includes a “Radiant AI” system.

Water flows more naturally in the game.

Weather effects have been enhanced, snow falls dynamically, trees move independently in the wind.

Beards have been added and look natural and realistic.

There are randomly generated Quests.

You can run backwards but not as quickly as you run toward. Realism!

There are more open cities than before, complete with random dragon attacks!

Character creation has been greatly improved. Individual body features are now customizable.

Landscapes and dungeons will be more unique and varied than before.
The first-person viewpoint can be HUD free.

There are finishing moves! These are different based on each weapon and the enemy you are killing!

The game will include kids…

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

maxx627

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in Fallout you couldn't kill kids so it will probably be like that.
Thats really cool about the duels. I wonder if people will be mad if you kill someone in a duel

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have asked for it (well, only Noir really), but now all your hoping has been realized! Argonians in Skyrim!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim has Steamworks?!

There's much more to Steam than a digital distribution platform. Some developers chose to engage with Steam on a deeper level by incorporating Valve's Steamworks development platform, which allows for Steam to fully integrate with the game.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be the latest game to take advantage of Steamworks, Bethesda Game Studios revealed today over Twitter. And lo, there was much rejoicing amongst PC gamers.

There are several advantages to leveraging Steamworks, whether it's integrated voice communication and Steam Cloud support to accessing anti-cheating mechanisms and player authentication tools. That might sound like a bunch of gobbledygook if you've never played a game with Steamworks, but in short, it makes the user experience a heck of a lot better.

Now, if only I had a PC capable of running Skyrim. I should add that to my Birthday list...

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not doubt that Skyrim will be awesome, but this seems to be about right for some of the freaks out there right?

Just Remember Kids: don't freak out over trailers for games that haven;t been reviewed yet.

Den

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Pax. I played Skyrim. I even got a really cool hat!

www.facebook.com/whoburnedmytoast Check out the pics. I may or may not have gotten an extra hat :O![/url]

"Video Game Musicast and Podcast"

Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Listens to Skyrim theme for the 20th time*

This is IT people! The moment you've all been waiting for! 1 week until Skyrim! Gather your swords and prepare for battle! Alduin's fated return will soon be upon us!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone better be too busy playing Skyrim to post in this thread.
I can't wait for the Creation Kit to come out and the mods to start rolling out.

inb4 horse armour.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who voices Logrolf the Willful? He sounds so familiar but I just can't place it.
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: