Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Latest episodes/series you've watched
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mao Tenshi

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

Location: Shibuya Terminal, Tokyo-To, on the planet you people call Jupiter (It's actually called Azmalrish).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MillenniumX17 wrote:
Mao Tenshi wrote:
MillenniumX17 wrote:
TheBaron wrote:
MillenniumX17 wrote:
Just watched the first four episodes to Angel Beats

Is that any good? I have been debating about ordering it. I'm 6 episodes into Baccanno. It's getting really interesting.

Angel Beats is pretty good so far, a bit strange and definitely unique.

I'm on episode 7 now, and it feels like they are going Code Geass on me with a guy who looks and acts like Lelouche. Hypnosis and hairstyle? Now all we need are giant robots...

I'm also up to episode 7 as well. Still really a good show but I can see what you mean with the hypnosis guy. Also just started Air Gear, just had time for one episode though. Looks like it will be really good.

You will say WTF at the end of it all though. Trust me...and if you are into it, you will be saying it for months. Also, after getting the soundtrack for it, I notice that it really was based off of Jet Set Radio, with some of the songs( JSR: Humming the Baseline. Air Gear: Not Hummin', but Vibin'. Similar? They sound pretty close...) and early on scenes. It was the closest thing yet to the one anime I want so desperately to come out...but you know what? It is still great.

Whoever said you can't have too many weapons is a genius! Oh wait...that was me.

You know, I've seen a lot of things. But a 10 ton behemoth of metal, powered by a race of beings made of pure energy that are completely genocidal to all other things in the universe was never one of them. Now I can say that, I have in fact, seen it all.
phelan

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just finishing up Gosick. I love this series.

I was recently informed there is a live action of Hayate the Combat Butler. My mind explodes at the ridiculousness of this (not in a good way). I think it's a Chinese show?
maxx627

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching Gankutsuou and waiting for more Mawaru Penguindrum

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this season's anime is boring the heck out of me I've gone back to watching some classic anime. More specifically I'm watching Planetes. It's like totally pretty cool. I give it 4/5 at the moment.

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

CleverUsername

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently watching and loving Durarara!! and Samurai 7.

MillenniumX17

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now onto watching Air Gear, Beck and Figure 17. All three are really good so far. I just wish somebody would give me a Gretsch White Falcon.

txMaddog

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl - 3/4 - Crackers

The premise of the series is that a very effeminate High school boy gets hit by an alien spaceship and in order to save him the aliens have to rebuild his body. For some reason they rebuilt him with a female body (and a cute one too!). The anime blurb said it revolved around him dealing with the change but in the anime he seems ok with it. It's the people around him that are having the problems dealing with it.

The major problem I had with this anime and the reason it didn't get a Buy it now! was that it couldn't decide what it wanted to be. It tried to be a comedy, a romantic comedy, a drama and a slice of life all in one. I think that if it had focused on one of the above with bits of the others instead of about equal parts of all of them it would have been better. The ending was kinda sudden and sloppy, it felt like the writers just didn't know how to end it plus it made me want to punch Yasuna in the face.

Overall it wasn't a bad series and did have some moments that made me laugh and was entertaining as a whole. If you can find it in the Bargain Bin somewhere or on Netflix it's worth a watch.
Gethsemane

Sempai (先輩)

Sempai (先輩)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished season 4 of Psych. Love that show.

Starting season 2 of The Mentalist.

They are essentially the same show but shawn is a little more immature-ish and Jane has more darker reasons for his motivation. Plus the whole psychic/fraud thing is reversed.
xboxAlex

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gantz ... it was an ok anime. inserting consent but not as good as i was hoping. overall 6/10

Lucky ☆ Star . It was very good loved it. Just not a fan of it also my personal favourite was Hiiragi, Kagami. 8/10

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Sacred Seven right now.
Pretty good, kind of orignal plot, but so far i'm nto hanging off the edge of my seat for new episodes. 6/10

annakyoyama88

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to watch Bleach again, starting with two Bleach movies(i know, i should have watched the series first... At least thry were stand alone, so they didn't have any spoilers...)

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only anime I've been watching lately is Bleach, FMA: Brotherhood and Inuyasha...and that's only because they're on adultswim. I've become hooked on The Tudors though.
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg
CleverUsername

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the first ep of Chevalier d'Eon and it's quite good! I love the art style and how fast the plot moves.

txMaddog

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Resurrection - 4/4 - Buy it now!

On the surface the story is fairly simple, basically a Monster of the Week battle with an overlaying plot of Last Man Standing gets the Throne.

Hime (one of the daughters of the Monster King) has been driven out of her homeland by one of her siblings (who are all fighting to gain the throne). Hime is trying to rebuild her forces for protection because she claims to have no interest in the throne.

Her first 'recruit' is a human boy (Hiro) who dies saving Hime's life so she gives him part of her essence turning him into a near-immortal, he cannot be killed as he will regererate but he must get some essence from Hime every few days or he will die for real.

A half-breed Werewolf (Liza Wildman) and a Purebred Vampire (Reiri) join the cast and of course they hate each other and Liza might be developing feeling for Hiro. Hiro starts to fall in love with Hime, her feelings toward him are unknown but she seems to care for him or at least values him as a servant, it's not clear. Oh and Hime has an android helper named Flan who only says 'Hoga' but Hime seems to have no trouble understanding her.

There some more stuff going on in the background and I'm really hoping they do more so that some of the loose ends can be resolved. My favorite episode (of the 26) is 'Princess Carnage' mostly because of what happens at the end. Wink I'm also hoping for a dub at some point but won't hold my breath waiting for one.
Saintevil

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series I haven't watched

Nichijou 1-2
Mayo Chiki 7
Berserk 14-15
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 3-4
Katanagatari 1
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt 9

Series I've watched before but am watching again
Lovely Complex 9-10
Welcome to the NHK 3-4
GTO 27-28

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

started deadman wonderland its ok so far.

rewatching naruto, bleach, cowboy bebop, scryed, fma brotherhood

(then the original fma is next)

"I know now. It's not that I'm afraid to die. I'm afraid to die without accomplishing anything. There must be a reason why were all here. There has to be! I'M GOING TO FIND THAT REASON!" - Kazuma

"Live to the fullest Ichigo. Live to the fullest, age to the fullest, go bald to the fullest... And die long after I do. And if possible, die with a smile." -Kurosaki Isshin

"Fullmetal? Sounds heavy. Tell him I like the feel of it. I won't let it weigh me down." - Edward Elric

"Good Evening, Earl" - Allen Walker
xoMango

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Ichigo and TC all give Usagi Drop such a high review, I started watching it myself ^^

Ep 4, and its so heart warming.

Kohai (後輩)

Kohai (後輩)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spice and Wolf II- Download it now. While it doesn't hold up as well as the first season this is a great follow up to the first season. Right now I'm on episode 10.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Drop - 4/4
A wonderfully honest and funny series. Good heartwarming stuff. There needs to be a second season.

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally gotten around to watching a lesser known series by the name of "Neon Genesis Evangelion"...

Yeah sorry I'm still catching up with some of the classics -_-. I'm about 17 episodes in and enjoying it so far, though I've heard it goes a little psycho at the end.

So far I'd score it 3/4.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
rockerchick7

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching Hetalia over again with a friend who's a first time watcher. Also Air Gear, Noir, Black Butler, High School of the Dead, Sergent Frog...saw some Takken movie last night. It was ok. The other animes were better, the ones I listed above.
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Exile ~Fam, The Silver Wing~ - How on earth did I forget that the sequel to Last Exile was starting this season? I really liked the first series, although I'll be damned if I remember much about it, and I'll probably feel the same way about LE: Fam when it's over. What will stick with me is that the music is fantastic, the visuals are beautiful, and the air combat is exhilarating. This is popcorn anime that invites you to explore it's story as much as it invites you to get a bag of popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show making it a nearly perfect watch whenever it's available.

As far as the story in the first episode, Fam is a sky pirate who revels in being the first into battle and firing the "First Harpoon". When the Ades Federation decides to use a meeting to set up a peace treaty as an opportunity to declare war on the Kingdom of Turan, Fam's among the many sky pirates who are looking to collect wreckage. Fam doesn't want any old wreckage though, and engages in a ploy to take over the Kingdom of Turan's flagship in exchange for letting their princesses Milia and Liliana escape the attack. It's terrific eye candy, and in a flash will bring back all the things that you liked about Last Exile and make you happy for more.

Mawaru Penguindrum (episode 14) - One of the things about Penguindrum that I've loved, is the fact that it doesn't generally leave you on a cliffhanger, but opts more often to make you watch the next episode to try to figure out what you just watched. Maybe somewhere it will be explained, or the series will take on a more familiar or straightforward narrative device. I also said that it's ability to change up it's pacing is the ultimate in control, and something that no other show displays as adeptly.

The end of this episode takes a character, dangles them over the edge of the abyss, grins maniacally at you, and ends. Unlike a similar end scene near the end of Kamisama Dolls, there's actually tension at the end scene of this episode, because unlike Kamisama Dolls, Mawaru Penguindrum has built up enough credibility that it's just messed up that it might do what it's threatening. That's the control, the credibility, the brilliance that it's wielding right now that no other series running has. Unlike Kamisama Dolls, Penguindrum doesn't wave this as an idle threat, and even took the time to use this episode to strip any potential savior out of the picture. It controls, then isolates, and then threatens with true malice.

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

KeenHavoc

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching more OVA's and cartoons than anime lately.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11212

Studio Ghibli's version of the The Borrowers, Arrietty, is a beautiful movie with fantastic visuals and it also filled me with rage. Basically, the Borrowers are scaled down people that live under houses and steal enough stuff to survive and their race is slowly edging out of existence. In this human house there lives a kid who is intrigued by the borrowers, and a old lady who is obsessed with them. When the daughter borrower gets old enough to steal stuff too, shenanigans and plot ensues.

It's worth seeing even if it's just to carry you over to the next anime season. -Crackers.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11338

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression is a disturbingly cool movie with some very adult content and subject matter. In the near cyber punk future, a girl is burned alive in an attempted murder and is saved by dark science and her own desire to live. After awakening from a foggy tube of science, she testifies against her murderer in court and a group of sick 'Hellraiser' type man-monsters are assigned to kill her. The violence that follows is graphic and not red-washed out by blood fountains.

I would recommend this movie for shocking the most Juvenal and jaded of fans. -Crackers.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6456

RedLine is a stunning over the top racing movie that will make you cheer for racing like we cheer for for Giga sized Drills.
Watch it, show it, grab a taco. -Download Now.

Better reviews can be found buried somewhere on the info pages.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman King for the time being
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting it off with what I finished from last season, and short impressions from this season.

Blood C - 2/4 - I didn't know what to make of this series while watching it. I was basically just asking "why?" throughout the first ten-ish episodes. And with an ending that doesn't really end until the movie airs next year, and add another approximately nine months before it reaches my eyes, it's not very deserving of a great score.

Dantalian no Shoka - 4/4 - Probably one of my favourite series that aired this summer. It had a great cast of characters, compelling stories, I just wish it had gone on longer. I don't know exactly how the light novels go with DnS, and how much has been adapted, but I would definitely be excited to see more.

Kami-sama Dolls - 3/4 - A series I didn't quite understand why I was enjoying it that much. The moeness from Utao sure was fun, and a story I couldn't actively predict with any measurable degree of success, I tuned in every week. I did find it paced a little slow at some parts, and had a slightly dissatisfying ending; which had a plug towards a possible second season, which I would definitely check out.

Natsume Yuujinchou San - 4/4 - Ah, the third season of one of my most favourite series I've ever had the pleasure of watching. While I didn't quite feel it lived up to the fantabulous first season, or even towards last season, it still was a fabtastic watch. With this season more focusing on the duality of Natsume's life, (how he's getting along better with people, rather than his interactions solely with spirits), it definitely had a different feel from the previous seasons. A fourth season airing this winter, aka January, rumoured to be the final season, coinciding with the rumoured end of the manga, should be checked out by everyone.

Sacred Seven - 1/4 - What a bad piece of shounen garbage. I'm appalled it took me nearly half the season to figure this out, and I had to end up finishing anyway, elsewise it would've greatly annoyed me.

Usagi Drop - 4/4 - A fantastic adaptation of the first half of Usagi Drop. With this series ending right before the time leap in the manga, I'm almost torn between leaving it as it is, as a single cour, single season show, and having it continue and complete the full adaptation of the manga.

Steins;Gate - 4/4 - El Psy Congroo. What a fantastic ride this series has been. Apart from those who have read the VN released by Nitro+, this series kept people tuned and guessing through the whole season. One of the few series in recent years that I have seen have such a huge fan-base that isn't adapted from something with an already huge fanbase. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes anything.

And onto this season!

Last Exile: Fan Fam Fam - after 2 episodes - After having watched the first season like 4 or 5 years ago, I had considered rewatching it before this aired, but I never found the time. I feel lost on some things, but I am enjoying the ride.

Mirai Nikki - after 3 episodes - Pacing a little faster than I remembered is this manga that features a lovable Yandare (for Canti of course, I'd typically prefer to stay on the other side of the globe from one). I've only read about half the series, and that was when it had its original run a few years ago, so details are sketchy, but I am strapped in and ready for the ride.

Gundam Age - after 3 episodes - Yawn; cliched; nothing new; will continue watching for no other reason than that it is Gundam.

Ben-To - after 3 episodes - An anime about absurd situations resulting from half priced bento. What an odd and insignificant topic to make a series out of, and one that is actually pulling it off well. This could be on of the best this season if it continues on the track its headed.

One Piece - 517-520 - Only mentioning this because they finally got to the time skip and crew is starting to meet back up, hurray.

Bleach -333-335 - Again, only mentioning this long running series because it as well finally got back to the material. With that god awful filler behind us, I am happy to say that we should be filler free until at least the next airing season.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) - after 4 - I've gone into this as a new watcher. I'm one of the people who has never watched the first series, or has read the manga, (which is still getting published when it's not on year long hiatuses). I've enjoyed what I've watched so far, and am happy to include it as my fifth long running series, with One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Detective Conan.

Bakuman 2 - after 3 - An adaptation to a WSJ manga I follow every week. It's off at a slow pace yet again, following last season, and It might be something I will let accumulate a few episodes before watching.

Guilty Crown - after 2 - Some people are comparing this to Code Geass. I can sort of see the similarities myself, but I don't really believe that it is. I heard the third episode was a huge disappointment.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - after 2 - What the hell is going on? Also, bewbs; and lack of said bewbs.

Maji de Watashi ni koi Shinasai! - after 3 - I liked the first episode, then they had to go all ecchi/fanservice it up. It made me a sad panda

Persona 4 - after 3 - The much anticipated adaptation of the glorious ps2 game. I've been wanting to play the game for a while, but because of lack of effort or time, this will have to suffice for now.

Phi Brain - after 3 - PUZZLES! SOLVING PUZZLES WITH MAGIC! oOoOo~

Un-Go - after 2 - With a relative new comer voicing the main character, (he's usually acting on television or in movies) this series is interesting. Its a little "wat"-ish, but can be enjoyed by quite a few.

Congratulations if you actually read that all. You deserve a cookie, of which I have none.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Discussions/Melting Pot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: