Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index Anime Pulse Forums
Anime Pulse Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anime you wished that lasted longer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Menos

Shogun (将軍)

Shogun (将軍)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Anime you wished that lasted longer Reply with quote

What are some anime series the you wished that lasted longer?
One of my favorites that I wished that lasted longer is Air Gear.

Others include:

Gunparade March
Golden Boy
Kino's Journey
Mushishi
Shigurui Death Frenzy
Desert Punk

I like Awesomeness, Randomness, and Fun!!!

(\ /)
( . . )
(")(")

Stop saying "animu" please.

Lord Canti

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one am glad that some shows aren't extended past their original showing. Most things that I've come across that make sequels and what not, lose it's quality over time. I'm not saying all things are like but most are. Because some times an extension does well for itself.

Maybe it's me with all these damn sequels lately.

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kino's Journey should of had at least another season!!!!!!!!!!!

CleverUsername

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durarara could've had more plot, but I don not think they could extend it as it is without new characters.

I wouldn't mind an OVA for Wolf's Rain clarifying the ending.

Otaku22

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverUsername wrote:

I wouldn't mind an OVA for Wolf's Rain clarifying the ending.

Well the last four episodes WERE an OVA weren't they? Did you want clarification on those? They're tehnically classes at episode 26-30 but they were originally an OVA. I love Wolf's Rain and i did think the ending tied it all up even if i didn't really agree with how they ended it. Hrm

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question.... I know it's had three seasons but i wished they'd finished Full Metal Panic off better. Another season of their antics with a solid ending would be great entertainment. I can't get enough of watching Sousuke get hit! Razz

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/otaku22

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/otaku22

txMaddog

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air Gear - It seems like it was just getting good then it just ended.

Fruits Basket - I hope they continue it so I can find out what the Curse is and how they break it!

FMP Fumoffu - Would really like to see what kind of wacky situations they can get the FMP crew in!

Chrono Crusade - I'd love a 2nd season with Azmaria as the Main and Sisters Anna, Claire and Mary as her partners. I really loved the 1920's setting the anime was in.
Otaku22

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

txMaddog wrote:
Fruits Basket - I hope they continue it so I can find out what the Curse is and how they break it!

FMP Fumoffu - Would really like to see what kind of wacky situations they can get the FMP crew in!

Yeah Fruits Basket really needs to be finished off but there was a lot of problems between director and mangaka i think.

Fumoffu- LOVE IT!! I could have watched loads more eps of that. Razz

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/otaku22

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/otaku22

Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Twelve Kingdoms - The anime only animated the first 7 volumes of the series, there are still 4 volumes left, which I'm interested in reading.

Chaos;Head - Turned out to be such a crappy adaptation, but if it got the 2 cour treatment like Steins;Gate is right now, it might have turned out better.

Baccano! - We need more of the LN's animated. I would settle for a company to license and distribute them though. (I'm looking at you Hachette)

Hajime no Ippo - New Challenger brought the series up to around chapter 450-ish I think. Chapter 947 just came out this week, so there's a lot more that can be animated

The World God Only Knows - The second season didn't sell particularly well, but the manga is currently one of my favourite ongoing series that I am anxious for week after week.

Nyan Koi! - They hinted at a second season in the final episodes omake. SEASON TWO WHAR?

Ookiku Furikabutte - The mangaka is finally off sick leave, and the first chapter in over a year will come out November, I feel it's only a matter of time before a third season for this gem of a series.

Ouran High School Host Club - Need I say more?

Sara-iya Goyou - One of my favourite series of last year, such a unique art style and excellent story, it deserves another season.

Hourou Musuko - Another excellent series. I was a little disappointed they skipped the first few volumes that dealt with the whole identity issues, and jumped right into the Junior High portion of the series.

Spice and Wolf - Season three where?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Toya
LithiumFlower

Daimyo (大名)

Daimyo (大名)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruits Basket is a definite. I would have liked more episodes of Samurai Champloo, Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro, and Zombie Loan as well.
Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating. -Simon Pegg
rockerchick7

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruits Basket should've been longer. They didn't even make it halfway through the series and they just stopped. Eden of the East was short, but I don't think it deserves another season/movie. I also want more Baccano.
TimeChaser

Super Moderator

Super Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy Bebop - I really would have liked more detail/episodes devoted to the Spike/Vicious conflict and their past.

Maria-sama ga Miteru - I want at least one more season, I'd like to see how Yumi, Yoshino and Shimako cope as the new student council heads in their final year, and how they deal with their souers moving on.

Princess Nine - In desperate, dire need of a second season. I want to see the girls finally make it to Koshien.

Full Metal Panic - Who wouldn't want more of this great series? And I know the anime got nowhere near as far as the light novels have.

Black Cat - I just want to see the awesome characters of this show have more adventures.

Otaku (お宅)

Otaku (お宅)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling i'm going to want more Sacred Seven, they could do a lot more with his plot and there are only three episodes left.

DarkLegato

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air Gear
Desert Punk
Berserk
Gantz
Golden boy
Kampfer
detective conan ( just kidding )
Dogme

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimeChaser wrote:
Cowboy Bebop - I really would have liked more detail/episodes devoted to the Spike/Vicious conflict and their past.

You have no idea how much I want another season of Cowboy Bebop Very Happy It seems like such an obvious idea to make at least an OVA, that I can't help thinking the creator of Bebop is not making one on purpose. Actually I'd settle for a film Smilie_PDT
Hideo Kuze

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogme wrote:
TimeChaser wrote:

You have no idea how much I want another season of Cowboy Bebop Very Happy It seems like such an obvious idea to make at least an OVA, that I can't help thinking the creator of Bebop is not making one on purpose. Actually I'd settle for a film Smilie_PDT

Didn't they make a film?
I would definitely have loved to see another season of cowboy bebop.
I also would have liked to see more Gantz and even Shoot fighter Tekken (I love those long grueling fights) and last but not least I would have liked to see more Ghost in the Shell even though it got 2 seasons and a few movies but I'm crazy for that series.

Ergo Proxy
IchigoKurusaki

Evangelion is cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoi no Exorcist: great show but it screams second season.
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IchigoKurusaki wrote:
Aoi no Exorcist: great show but it screams second season.

That's because it's based on a manga that is still going. I don't exactly know what they were thinking when they decided to adapt a manga that runs monthly and had only 25 chapters at the time. It forced the anime to finish with quite a bit of filler, as nearly 1/3 of the chapters were of an unfinished arc, which is still going on right now.

Dogme

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hideo Kuze wrote:
Dogme wrote:
TimeChaser wrote:

Didn't they make a film?
I would definitely have loved to see another season of cowboy bebop.
Yes they did make a film. What I meant to say was I'd settle for ANOTHER film Very Happy
$10forair
Warnings : 1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

black cat: the one with train hartnet. who names thier kid train? of coarse the ending was great.

Fullmetal Alchemist not the brotherhood one which was really not needed but was still cool, yet it don't seem to follow the manga much like the first one. unless the anime came first.
The 1st FMA movie: was the beginnig from a specicic episode in the first FMA anime or was it a unshowen side story?

for some reason cleverusername's avatar started to look like a cross btwn gin(bleach) it was the eyes and roy (FMA) it was the smile, wiered right?
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10forair wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist not the brotherhood one which was really not needed but was still cool, yet it don't seem to follow the manga much like the first one. unless the anime came first.

Wait, are you saying that Brotherhood didn't follow the manga much? Are you smoking something? Brotherhood was a very faithful adaptation of the manga. Which would be less to say about the first series, which is excusable due to the fact that it ran before the manga had ended.

$10forair wrote:

for some reason cleverusername's avatar started to look like a cross btwn gin(bleach) it was the eyes and roy (FMA) it was the smile, wiered right?

His avatar is Lelouch vi Britannia (aka Lelouch Lamperouge) from Code Geass.

$10forair
Warnings : 1

I've seen Akira

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeukran wrote:
$10forair wrote:

Wait, are you saying that Brotherhood didn't follow the manga much? Are you smoking something? Brotherhood was a very faithful adaptation of the manga. Which would be less to say about the first series, which is excusable due to the fact that it ran before the manga had ended.

$10forair wrote:

His avatar is Lelouch vi Britannia (aka Lelouch Lamperouge) from Code Geass.

1. Parts of it did not look like it was in the manga, to me. example the part with the nina/dog chimera I did not rember it being that way in the manga.
was the ice wall thing in the manga?
2.no
3. empahsis on started to look like.
4. I know

thank you.
Mr. Soul Evans

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely wanna see a spice and wolf season three and i think soul eater and time of eve shouldve lasted longer
MoniikuMakoii

Total N00B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer, Battle Arena Toshinden and angel's sanctuary were longer, they are awesome! Very Happy <3
UnicornGirl

I watch Dragonball-Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samurai X, because I believe there are still interesting stories that can be made in this anime.

and

Lovely Complex, it has 24 episodes only! ARRGGHH
Zeukran

Samurai (侍)

Samurai (侍)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnicornGirl wrote:
Samurai X, because I believe there are still interesting stories that can be made in this anime.

You do know that ADV release Rurouni Kenshin's ovas and movie as Samurai X, right? If you didn't know this, there is a whole 95 episode series out there for you to watch. However if you did know this, there is a new movie that airs in Japan next week for Rurouni Kenshin, DVD/BRD wont be until late next year, that is part one of two movies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anime Pulse Forums Forum Index -> Other Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: