VG Pulse 263 Discussion Topic

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VG Pulse 263 Discussion Topic

Post by darkgodakito »

What are your thoughts and opinions about the Sony conference held earlier today (Wednesday, September 7th at 3pm EST), and also tell us what you think about the PS4 Slim and the PS4 Pro.

~Akito
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: VG Pulse 263 Discussion Topic

Post by YotaruVegeta »

My thoughts? I didn't see it. I never watch these live events. I only experience it afterwards. The PS4 slim was already leaked, and all I've seen of the Pro was some shadowy image of the console.

I have never owned the new version of a PlayStation console. I have my PS3 fat and my PS4. I was about to buy a slim after my first PS3 died, but I bought another fat boy because it's backwards compatible.
thatanimeguy
Fan
Fan

Post by thatanimeguy »

My biggest thought is more of a question. Why? I don't understand Sony's decision to reveal a new slimmer version of a console that already exists while also revealing an uprated version. The PS4 already exists and there is generally enough hardware out there that most people can find one if they are looking for one. The Slim starts at about $300 (more than most of the existing ones on sale) and is released in the middle of this month with no change in hardware.
The PS4 Pro is out in November, has better graphics/hardware that's standard, and is only $100 more than the slim. I'm sure most people who are planing to buy a new PS4 can save up the extra 100 bucks in two months to get the Pro. This leaves no real reason for the PS4 slim to exist.

tl;dr: Why is Sony releasing two consoles in a short period of time that most people can easily save up for the good one.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

OK, so I've seen the image of the PS4 pro. It has one more level to it, so I guess that console is better? I haven't read the specs, and I don't really care. I'm not a tech junkie or early adopter, so I don't need a souped-up PS4. I've barely used my current PS4!
link of hyrule
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by link of hyrule »

The PS4 slim and pro are not worth the upgrade if you already have a ps4. The slim isn't even that much more thin than the regular one. Get your stuff together guys. These new consoles, coupled with Sony's boring conference, makes them as annoying as spam messages trying to sell boner pills in a video game forum. Yeah, like these nerds are getting laid. -This message brought to you by delicious Tab soda.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

HDR HDR HDR HDR HDR HDR HDR HDR.
Did I mention the main point, HDR? :P
The Sony press conference was weird and a sign Sony may be panicking due to Microsoft enjoying a bit of a rebound.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Floura
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Floura »

I think everything was like a scrambled egg.... Or maybe I'm just hungry? A lot of the stuff that I seem to see most of the time with these things is stuff coming out that already is out, but they just want to make it BIGGER and BETTER, or in this case smaller. Yeah some things are new but they are slim and few. Did you get that? Slim?? XD