AP 543 - Q. Winter 2018 Anime

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 543 - Q. Winter 2018 Anime

Post by VicMonado »

Greetings everyone. So we're quite comfortably into previewing a host of shows of Winter 2018, so I was just wondering what anime you have had a chance check out so far, anything particularly good or bad? Heck you go deeper and talk about what influences your watching decisions or whatever, talk about anything you want. Looking forward to reading your responses.

Peace.
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 543 - Q. Winter 2018 Anime

Post by QueenInoue »

Really when it comes to deciding what to watch, for one i will not pick up horror anime. I don't like horror. never have. never will. That being said when picking i read through the synopsis and decide if it would be something i like. I don't like things that are highly political or religious. That being said, good or bad. i rarely drop a series. It has to be completely dismal or annoying for me to drop it.im watching almost all the things out this season. I plan to watch card capter at a later time because it has been so long since i saw the original card captors that i need to refresh my memory of it so that i can adequately enjoy it. So far im enjoying this season.
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: AP 543 - Q. Winter 2018 Anime

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I've watched at least the first episode of every show that's legally available.

First up, we have to talk about Pop Team Epic. Pop Team Epic is...Pop Team Epic

Some say that comedy is the most divisive genre. Pop Team Epic is definitely that. If you don't like shows that deliberately troll you or you don't like ridiculous memes, don't watch this show

Darling in the FranXX (I think it's pronounced "Frank" Uh, whatever) is another show that's going to be very divisive.

Do you want dudes to pilot women's asses? Do you want at least one line of double entendre per episode? If you said yes, then Studio Trigger has finally made the anime of your dreams. I already commented on the moe mecha, so there's not much more to say

There are a few "cute girls" shows this season, but I like Laid Back Camp and A Place Further than the Universe. A Place Further than the Universe is the best all-girl show this season, because it's not just an aimless show. The girls come together and they all have the goal of going to Antartica.

Let's talk harems, because this is Anime Pulse, after all. If you like March Comes in Like a Lion, but you felt like it didn't have enough romcom hijinkjs, then I recommend A Ryou's Work is Never Done to you.

Junji Ito Collection is very interesting, but I didn't find it scary enough. Maybe that's me thinking that it has to be scary.

Hakatsu Tonkotsu Ramens is kind of like Durarara or Baccano, but without any supernatural stuff. It's about the world of hitmen, and a cross-dressing hitman who is double-crossed.

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family is a show that I slowly realized was an alternate reality version of Fate/Stay Night. A Fate show about cooking? Umm, okay!

If you don't want to watch shows with blood, sex and violence, check out Working Buddies!, a short form show about two buddies who go from job to job each episode.

Before I talk about my best series, I'm going to talk about my worst: Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls I LOVE ninjas! I LOVE the original Basilisk. I don't like this show, even though I'm still giving it a chance. It's a lower-budgeted version of Basilisk, and I don't think Basilisk needed a sequel.

Don't watch Citrus. I think this show is only for a small set of people, the people who like same sex relationships involving "forceful" sexual encounters. I heard about Citrus a long time ago, but I didn't know what the manga was about. Now that I know, I wish I didn't.

Kokkoku is my top anime. It's a supernatural thriller that involves the ability to manipulate time. It's not about badass people. Instead, it's about an average family who learns about their legacy. If you have Amazon Prime, there's no more excuse to miss Kokokku. If you have an active college email address, you can get Prime Student free for 6 months. I apologize for advertising for a big company, but there are a few good shows on Prime that are still exclusive to Amazon.