VGP 297 Discussion Topic: Favorite Game Played in 2017!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 297 Discussion Topic: Favorite Game Played in 2017!

Post by darkgodakito »

What was your favorite game that you played in 2017? It doesn't have to be one that was released in 2017, just one that you played sometime during the year!

~Aki
VicMonado
Site Admin

Re: VGP 297 Discussion Topic: Favorite Game Played in 2017!

Post by VicMonado »

Oooh that's a tough one. I think I got to go with Fire Emblem Heroes. Surprisingly well made with a lot of depth and yet it's easy to pick up and play anytime like an app game should be. Best of all it's free!! B'yeah people seem to be getting a little sick of how often I gush about it on AP. So I'll stop there, thanks for asking. :)

Androes
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Androes »

My favorite games of 2017 is Persona 5 for it's interesting story.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I have bought more games in 2017 than I have played, and a lot of those games weren't released IN 2017.

Hmm, I guess my fave in 2017 would have been Gwent, the Witcher card game. I don't know a lot about Witcher, but I certainly didn't need it to play the card spin-off.

Other games I played in 2017 (not including betas and demos): The Bouncer (2000), Siegecraft Commander (2017), Mobius Final Fantasy (2017), Dragon Age: Origins (2009) and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (2008) What an odd mix!

I also played a lot of Metal Gear Solid V, but I give that game an incomplete, even though I enjoyed it so much.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

My favorite game of 2017 is surprisingly one that was not released in this year, .Hack// G.U. Last Recode which is a re-release of the trilogy of the series' volumes. Never had the chance to play the game back in 2006 due to the limited release of copies here in the states, and finding any now cost a pretty penny. So was so ecstatic when I herd that they were compiling the game together and even adding in a continuation, I preordered copy a quickly as I could.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Endless Sky. The overhead 2D "Elite" like where I was flying around in a spaceship trying to make money and avoid pirates. It reminded me of my childhood when I was playing an old Mac game "Escape Velocity" which was basically the same thing. A 2D overhead space trading and combat game. Time spent on it is rapidly catching up with the time I spent in Witcher 3.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

I did play a lot of games in 2017 however not many came out in 2017. I would have to say out of the games I could probably narrow it done to 3.

- Call of Duty WWII
- Terraria
- Factorio

P.S. thanks for introducing me to Factorio ^_^
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

Most games i play are facebook games but i have gotten into a few non facebook games in 2017. I think my favorite for the year is Fire Emblem Heroes.....
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I really enjoyed Horizon:Zero Dawn and Nier Automata last year, the latter of which I would give the nod to. But in the end I went back to Skyrim... I always go back to Skyrim, it would seem... *sigh*
Wherever you go... there you are.