VGP 302 Discussion Topic: Food in Video Games!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 302 Discussion Topic: Food in Video Games!

Post by darkgodakito »

"What is your favorite game related food, whether its a real food based on a game, a game food made real or a fictional food that you think you would love to try?"

~Question submitted by Vailreth :D
VicMonado
Site Admin

Re: VGP 302 Discussion Topic: Food in Video Games!

Post by VicMonado »

I think for me it would be the Jewel Meat from Gourmet Survival 2.
Here's it raw:
and here's it cooked:

It wins because like most food from Toriko it is well described making it all the more alluring. Here's an excerpt about the Regal Mammoth that you get the meat from:
"While its meat is plenty delicious, most of the flavor in its body has been taken by a single piece of vestigial meat within known as the Jewel Meat that combines the taste of all the different parts of the beast. The Jewel Meat illuminates an incandescent lamp-like radiance that dulls jewels and lights up a night sky. It is considered to be a food treasure; can fetch a retail price of 5,000,000 yen for 100 grams."
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

I had some problems about how to answer this. I was thinking "Food isn't really something I encounter in games, where your health is regenerated by crouching or drinking potions. So how the hell am I going to answer this?!"

Then it hit me. The most obvious answer I could go for. The most desirable video game food out there.

THE MOTHERFUDGING CAKE FROM PORTAL!!

DAMN YOU GlaDOS!! DAMN YOU AS FAR AS I CAN CAST YOU INTO THE DIGITAL OBLIVION THAT IS THE RECYCLE BIN! DAMN YOU!!

GlaDOS keeps telling the player character that the cake isn't a lie, only to admit it was later. Being a lover of chocolate cakes, which is what the one in Portal looks like, I am gutted we can never get even a small slice of that particular bakery product. I hope you are happy with yourself GlaDOS. This made your destruction more satisfying since you never shared the goods and I really wanted that bloody cake!! :P So screw you GlaDOS! The cake is not a lie and I will get some!! :P
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

There are whole Youtube channels devoted to recreating the foods from Skyrim. I don't usually go for pastries, but some of the recreations of Skyrim desserts and dishes are intriguing.

Here's an image that contains one of the more notorious food items, Sweet Rolls:

And no, before anyone asks,... this is not from my own playthrough. I don't hoard sweet rolls... at least, not like this. Honest! I-It's my Dovahkin! I swear, he's the culprit! I don't even go for pastties. No, but he does...
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'll have to go with the classic wall chicken from castlevannia. Nothing else satisfies more after a night of slaying resurrecting evil and demons.
Attachments
f5779dbccd30f2d4d430d3f8ef8beaa3.jpg
f5779dbccd30f2d4d430d3f8ef8beaa3.jpg (78.9 KiB) Viewed 11377 times
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

Hmm I would probably have to pick that delicious radioactive Blamco Mac and Cheese from fallout. Cause In a post apocalyptic world you need that Macaroni.
Attachments
C23DDA1E-87D5-468C-BB47-6E1A7BC381AF.jpeg
C23DDA1E-87D5-468C-BB47-6E1A7BC381AF.jpeg (7.85 KiB) Viewed 11372 times
vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

Image Image Image
This is fish in a bone... its made out of fish and boneboo fruit from the game starbound, its the number one food from a game i would actually eat.