AP 561 - Q. Pilgrimage 2 (Isekai Edition) & Knuckles

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 561 - Q. Pilgrimage 2 (Isekai Edition) & Knuckles

Post by VicMonado »

One week I was late, the next I was early. Hello everybody I hope you're doing well and winning bigly. This week's question is part 2 of a previous question but instead of it being real world locations you'd like to visit from anime, what fictional places would you like to go see?

This is the second part of a question suggested by Xahldera, nice one.

Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 561 - Q. Pilgrimage 2 (Isekai Edition) & Knuckles

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Hokay, gonna try and keep it down to just a few entries, because there are a lot of places I'd like to visit.
-The version of Japan that we see in Mushishi would be pretty lovely. Untouched, tranquil wilderness with only the occasional little village and no dangerous animals whatsoever. Would totally go for a long hike in those forests and mountains.
-Academy City from Index would be cool as well. Bright, shiny, clean and super modern, with high tech everywhere. The kinda place where you can spend a few days just wandering around gawking at things. Of course, the crazy hivemind nuns kinda tarnish the image a bit, but Imma just stay away from those...
-and lastly, Alola from Pokémon. Sometimes you just wanna visit a place where there are no major bad guys and things are kinda chill and any Pokémon location basically covers that. Alola seems like a pretty beautiful and laid-back place, even among Pokémon settings, so that'd be the one I'd want to visit more than any of the others.

Then you've got a few like places Hinamizawa, Orth (from Made in Abyss) and the city from Ghost in the Shell where I'd like to just peek in for a little while and then leave before something massively bad happens. They're just a bit too dangerous for a full vacation.

-Crooh
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Time to get that travel and ID documentation out again...

My choices of fictional places to head are:
  • Tokyo-3, Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Main headquarters of NERV, I would like to visit this place to see the massive underground section, known as the Geofront, where NERV HQ is based. It would be cool to see the skyscrapers that rise from the ground. Better avoid those Angel attacks though!
  • Megatokyo, Bubblegum Crisis.
    This place takes a lot of inspiration from Blade Runner, I would like to see the massive Genom Tower and visit the "Hot Legs Cafe", where Priscilla "Priss" Asagiri and her band, "The Replicants", play. Must remember to avoid any rogue Boomers though.
  • Newport City, Ghost in the Shell.
    The main setting of the Ghost in the Shell franchise. It would be fun to see if you can spot if Major Kusanagi and her merry band from Section 9 are out in the streets on their latest mission. Also it might be a good place to find some cybernetic upgrades. Need to update any anti-virus software and check the settings on the firewall to avoid getting my brain hacked though!
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I mentioned in answering the "real world" counterpart to this question (see here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35132#p38327) that I was more interested in the fictional locales of anime, and so now that we are discussing it in this follow-on topic, I will reiterate/confirm what I said there. Mostly, if I had to pick one milieu's setting(s) to visit, it would be those of Cowboy Bebop -- The whole grand tour, in fact. I'd like to see Alba City on a terraformed Mars, and the orbital colonies of the beltline, such as Tijuana, or the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

Image Image

Back on Earth, I'd like to see what became of Singapore, the birthplace of Faye Valentine, and the desert airstrip of the old geezers' Space Shuttle.

But I will avoid going anywhere near where that old contaminated refrigerator might have ended up. *shiver* :?

I could certainly mention more, from Cowboy Bebop and other imaginative anime, but as long as I could get there in something like Spike's personal ship, The Swordfish II, that would be awesome. :D

That's basically it.
Wherever you go... there you are.
marjibi
Fan
Fan

Post by marjibi »

The SAO anime world where VR games are advanced. That would sick. :o
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I would like to visit the delicious, dangerous world of Tori-Tori-Tori-TORIKO! FORK! KNIFE!

If I'm lucky, I will get iskekai-ed during a Jump crossover
QueenInoue
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by QueenInoue »

for me the world of Fairy Tail. i think it would be fun! my alter ego would fit in just perfectly lol
Queen Inoue Shiromaka

GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

Hmmm well first off I would like to visit True Cross Academy from Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)
E869D112-850D-43C9-8444-BC928C2AA199.jpeg
E869D112-850D-43C9-8444-BC928C2AA199.jpeg (55.39 KiB) Viewed 16262 times
-The Quindecim from Desu Parēdo (Death Parade)
E5342FA5-3732-446E-A9C7-9A5D1BE02979.jpeg
E5342FA5-3732-446E-A9C7-9A5D1BE02979.jpeg (8.82 KiB) Viewed 16262 times
-And last but not least Anteiku from Tōkyō Gūru (Tokyo Ghoul)
C28A286C-D1C3-49CC-B593-C065CD355290.jpeg
C28A286C-D1C3-49CC-B593-C065CD355290.jpeg (38.51 KiB) Viewed 16262 times