AP 564 - Q. Pilgrimage 3 Revelations Game of the Year Edition & Knuckles

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 564 - Q. Pilgrimage 3 Revelations Game of the Year Edition & Knuckles

Post by VicMonado »

So we've talked about real and unreal places you would visit from anime so let's flip it. It's not all sunshine and moe in anime land so where is the last place you'd ever want to be? You can elaborate by specifying a character you wouldn't want to be in that world also, maybe someone who has it particularly bad there.

There's no shortage of suffering to be had in anime so get creative!
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 564 - Q. Pilgrimage 3 Revelations Game of the Year Edition & Knuckles

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Ooh, interesting twist on the topic!

1. Mars from Terraformars.
I love the idea of space exploration. I also love the idea of not getting ripped to bloody chunks by hulked out space cockroaches. If the former requires the latter, then FUCK the former. Mars can go discover itself, I'll be heading somewhere else.

2. Roanapur from Black Lagoon.
I haven't exactly had the best experiences with cracked out weirdoes, so an entire city of half-drunk pirates and criminals is just a recipe for a nightmare. If you don't get beaten up you get robbed. If you don't get robbed you get kidnapped. If you don't get kidnapped you get shot. No thanks, I'm good.

3. Anywhere ever from Anything by Ito Junji
NOPE

-Crooh
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I wouldn't want to be a girl in Now and Then, Here and There

LOTS of anime are bad for girls and women, but Hellywood is real bad news. Not great for boys, either, but it's worse for females.
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

There’s always the world from Attack on good taste but you said get creative so...I would hate to go to school at Yomiyama North Middle School From Another because that would mean that me, my family and any of friends are at risk of dying. Not mention it’s super creepy.
098CECCC-F60A-4FBC-A81D-E1737CCCCB29.png
098CECCC-F60A-4FBC-A81D-E1737CCCCB29.png (113.34 KiB) Viewed 8378 times
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

There are quite a number of "crapsack" worlds in Anime that most folks would hate to wind up in. I could name several, from Tokyo 3 of Akira, to the world of Desert Punk. But if I had to choose one I would personally dread, it would be the world of Hellsing, where mortals don't really stand a chance. Pretty bleak.

Really, there are just too many to name.
Last edited by rampant_a_i on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wherever you go... there you are.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

OK...what places would I rather avoid even if the budget Isekai trans-dimensional airline had a special discount on it... :lol:

Wall Maria, Attack on T i t a n

To hell with this place. It's basically bait for Titans to protect the majority of the rest of the settlements behind the inner walls. I would probably be eaten if I ended up here. So nope to this place.

North High, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

This place might sound mundane and harmless, but no! You see, it is the location of the alleged reality warper, the eponymous Haruhi Suzumiya. Upset her and like Kyon, you could end up triggering the apocalypse. Or worse. And that is something I'm not willing to risk. If you want to get into trouble and end up angering a character with the power of a God and the emotional maturity of a spoiled brat, go ahead. :lol:

Anywhere in the vicinity of Sousuke Sagara, Full Metal Panic

Look at this guy. Like seriously. Look at him! Those are the eyes of someone who will kill you where you stand and not care. And the collateral damage caused by his antics where he goes, simply because he has no knowledge of civilian life and thinks everything is out to get him and anyone under his protection. Look at what he does with his mecha!

I would rather not be anywhere where he might be in case a misunderstanding leads to him deploying an emergency response team against me! :P
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha