AP 571 - Games (Flipped)

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 571 - Games (Flipped)

Post by VicMonado »

So back in June we covered the question of anime you'd like to be made into a game so this time around let's flip it and ask if there are any games you'd like to see in anime form? You could go into detail and describe what you think it would be like and details like what studio you'd like to do it.

That will be all, thanks for your input!

Oh actually P.S here because the episodes get posted 2 weeks after recording. If you have any anime from the current season that you want me to cover for the last preview episode please let me know.
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 571 - Games (Flipped)

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Well since you posted that gif I have to say Splatoon. Been really hoko on the Splatoon 2 as of late and the games definitely have enough worldbuilding and charm to base an anime on.
Aside from that I'd like to see Digital Devil Saga be made into an anime. The game is a really otherwordly experience and in the right hands it could make for an artsy, heavy show. The kind that you can only do right in an anime.

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

I have a few ideas for games that might be interesting as Anime adaptations.
  • Metal Gear Solid
    Not withstanding the problems with Konami trying to turn the franchise into either a lootbox, microtransaction laden vehicle or a Pachinko machine, I would love to see a proper Metal Gear Solid anime. I mean, the games themselves are practically halfway there, with a slightly outlandish plot, a lot of action set pieces and some cool mecha. Given a good scriptwriter, MGS could be a good anime.
  • Gran Turismo
    This could go two ways. Either a more in-depth, realistic Initial D, where the protagonist has to start from driving a jalopy to some crazy motorsports monstrosity that eats opponents for breakfast. Or it could be farcical sitcom with anthropomorphisations of different cars trying to race each other, like Kancolle does with World War 2 era warships.
  • The Witcher 3
    One of my favourite open world RPGs in a long time. I could envision it being a fantasy, pseudo-medieval era title where Geralt, the main protagonist, has to deal with treachery, political intrigue and the odd bit of random nonsense to seek out Ciri, his adopted daughter of sorts. Similar to Berserk, Eldritch Abominations, agendas and backstabbers get in the way of the ultimate goal.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

The Darksiders franchise and done by the Overlord Studio and team.
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

First thing I did when I saw this question was go to my steam library. First game I saw that I thought would make a really cool anime was Assassin's Creed...then I looked it up and that recently got announced. And right as my cats knocked over my whole stack of years worth of gameinformer I saw another. I think DOOM would make an amazing anime. Okay so yes DOOM does have an anime movie but not a series...I think it qualifies. Anyway what would be better then an anime about an awesome doom guy who goes around and guts every kind of demon imaginable while saving the world while he does it. As for the studio I think studio madhouse would do an excellent job on this anime.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

Maybe a Grand Theft Auto anime? GTA 5, especially Is just as crazy as Baccano!, so I could imagine that crew animating it.

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Some of the Youtube animated comedic shorts of games like Skyrim oor Fallout 4 were pretty enjoyable. But I am unsure of whether they'd make good Anime series. Maybe as anime shorts.

I think however, I would rather see an Anime series made of something like Deus Ex.
Wherever you go... there you are.