AP 577 - Not so Unconscious Bias

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 577 - Not so Unconscious Bias

Post by VicMonado »

It's been a little while but here's another topic idea suggested by member, Shieldbro.

Is there a show that you have a bias towards because of another medium such as the manga or light novel versions that other people tend to not like?
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Re: AP 577 - Not so Unconscious Bias

Post by Midnight Crooh »

Hmm, that's a difficult question. I feel I might be enjoying Hanasaku Iroha more than your average viewer because I used to work as a cook and can sympathize sooo well with the hectic pace and stress the characters feel working at an inn. Especially the kitchen staff, of course.

I also seem to have a higher opinion of Elfen lied than most people seem to have. Probably because I read the manga before I watched any of the anime, so I actually got a proper ending to the story, unlike the anime viewers who had to settle with a half-baked mid-story wrap-up since the anime didn't adapt all of the manga. There's also a lot of stuff in the unadapted manga chapters that's heart-wrenching. At least it was to my high-school-aged self.

-Crooh
Last edited by Midnight Crooh on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

No.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I would have to say Zombie Loan. The animation was somewhat terrible, and the arcs went a little too fast, but I was entranced by the manga that I was happy to just see it animated. Especially since the manga had to wrap up early.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

I can tell you of Anime I am biased against, rather than biased for...does that count?
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

InnocuousBlonde
Fan
Fan

Post by InnocuousBlonde »

I think I'm kind of confused by the question. Does it ask to name a series we have bias towards - but other people commonly don't - because we liked the source material? Highly specific.

I've certainly been a bit hyped by the idea of watching the animation of something if I've been a fan of the manga it was based on, but more often than not, I've found myself set up for disappointment (because as is often the case, the book is better).

Maybe Princess Tutu counts? I don't know if it's exactly *disliked* - though it is a bit nichey in its appeal - and I never read anything that could be considered its source material, but the show certainly has folklore elements and classical music that I was familiar with prior to watching it that added a little extra value.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

I definitely liked "Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, and Tenkyou no Alderamin much more since I was an avid reader of the mangas and light novels