AP 586 - Winter 2018/19

Discuss individual shows here
VicMonado
Site Admin

AP 586 - Winter 2018/19

Post by VicMonado »

Pretty simple one this week, what anime this season will you be checking out/looks good to you? If you've watched any so far and want to share your thoughts you can do so here also.

xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Re: AP 586 - Winter 2018/19

Post by xahldera »

Out of the chart I've seen, "Virtual-san wa Miteiru" because it could be a horrifically entertaining train wreck, judging by the sneak peak trailer I just watched for it.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

Dryden999
Not So Newb
Not So Newb

Post by Dryden999 »

I ended up checking out Yakusoku no Neverland and Dororo. Both have powerful 1st episodes that just pull you in. I'm really looking forward to see how these 2 series play out. (Also looking forward to 2nd seasons from Mob Psycho 100 & Kakegurui)
Midnight Crooh
Fan
Fan

Post by Midnight Crooh »

I wasn't feeling in a watch-y mood so I just picked the ones I've heard people say good things about. So Shield Hero, The Promised Neverland and Boogiepop. I'm also continuing to watch Index 3 from the autumn season, though that one's more mindless spectacle than quality show.
Shield Hero looks really promising so far. The story was set up nicely and it's done by the same people who made Made in Abyss, including the same background artist and soundtrack composer, so it should be a quality show.
Promised Neverland got to the "point" quicker than I expected. I knew it would be a dark show, but it hit me with the "holy poopoodoodoo"-bat right away in the first episode. I expected to be soundly pummeled to mush by that bat before the show is done.
Boogiepop was... a thing. Seems like it's gonna be one of those shows that go into weird methods of storytelling and cinematography. Hopefully it pays off and doesn't turn into an indecipherable mess.

-Crooh
rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

Honestly, except for perhaps some continuing series, this Winter’s season for anime is offering little that I am looking forward to. We will give a few a look, but so far there is little to get my hopes up for. Quite unlike much of 2018, when we had a lot of good new series launched.

Conversely, as opposed to animated television series, there are some anime movies this season that are premiering this winter, which I am and my family are readily awaiting here in the US. (Some day, hopefully, the will arrive in a timely fashion.)

First, there is the second installment in the Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel trilogy — that is something I personally am eagerly awaiting.

Then there are movie adaptions to some good recent anime series, such as the Tanya the Evil movie, the DanMachi movie, and not one but TWO Made in Abyss movies.

But as much as I would love to see these full-length movie adaptions, I would still greatly prefer a new television season to any of these long-format episodes targeted to theatres. Even a television format miniseries would be preferable.

*sigh* I hope this is not the trend in the future.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Shieldbro
Fan
Fan

Post by Shieldbro »

I definitely will be looking forward to the rising of the shield hero. It should be pretty obvious based on my username. This was the series that got me into the isekai genre 4 years ago so I have high expectations from this one.

Another series that I am looking forward to is kaguya sama wants to be confessed to as that is one of my favorite mangas as of right now.

Other series that I am watching are girly air Force, that time I got reincarnated as a slime, the quintessential quintuplets, and date a live 3