VGP 321 Discussion Topic: Favorite Animals of Gaming!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 321 Discussion Topic: Favorite Animals of Gaming!

Post by darkgodakito »

Happy 2019, friends!

Who/what is your favourite animal in a video game? It could be a pet, a companion, a utility, or just something random! Feel free to include screenshots!

~Aki

Aki's pick: Koromaru, Persona 3

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Re: VGP 321 Discussion Topic: Favorite Animals of Gaming!

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I had to put thought into this, because I came to realize that this is a very delicate answer. When I think of my favorite animal in gaming, I think about the animal I want at my side, in a fight. I could've gone with Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) who is one of the few animals in FF who is a playable character, but then I thought of Haomaru (Persona 5) who is based on a real life awesome dog, uses a ninja dagger as a weapon AND has his own persona!

My vote, however, lies in the past. Have you played Samurai Showdown? If you did, then you know Galford, an American ninja who has a dog companion, Poppy.

Who needs weapons or fireballs when you can send your dog to suplex your opponent?

Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

The only animal I can remember was the dog in Fable. I know there are tons of animals and pets in gaming that you are paired up with but I was obsessed with Fable. It's my favorite Xbox game and your pet dog was a great companion to have in the Fable series.
What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

I'd go with the chickens from Zelda. They are nigh un-killable, can fly you a pretty good distance, and can kill Link almost instantly if provoked, and you will in every game.
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Dogmeat and his descendents from the Fallout series. What is there not to love? He is a tough canine companion who will help fight off enemies and like all loyal dogs will never judge you no matter what. He's a very good boy and you can't say no to that lovable face.

THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

vailreth
Fan
Fan

Post by vailreth »

Bulbasuar>..>plant pokemon are animals right?
GhoulShinobi
Fan
Fan

Post by GhoulShinobi »

Well first off I have to go with Dogmeat from the fallout series. He's an amazing companion who defends you from any threats and he always there for any emotional support you need in the wasteland.
dress-up-Dogmeat-bandanna-and-goggles.jpg
dress-up-Dogmeat-bandanna-and-goggles.jpg (25.03 KiB) Viewed 31354 times
I also wanted to include Rush from the MegaMan series. I don't know if he counts because he's a robot but he's everything you'd want in a dog and he can fly.
MM11Rush.png
MM11Rush.png (228.03 KiB) Viewed 31354 times
VicMonado
Site Admin

Post by VicMonado »

Besides every Pokemon I gotta say Isabelle from Animal Crossing, she's just so friendly, helpful and adorable.

YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

Well, Dark God can't figure out basic Roman numerals, and I'm apparently poopoodoodoo at remembering Persona characters! "Haomaru from Pesrona 5" Really? Shout out to KOROMARU From Persona 3

Good boy!

Haomaru is another character from Samurai Showdown, so that's my excuse for the failz.