VGP 325 Discussion Topic: Racing!

Discuss individual shows here
darkgodakito
Fan er er
Fan er er

VGP 325 Discussion Topic: Racing!

Post by darkgodakito »

What is your favorite racing game and why? This can be anything from Forza to Mario Kart and everything in-between! :D

~Aki

Aki's pick: Beetle Adventure Racing for the N64~

Trinityangel0666
Fan
Fan

Re: VGP 325 Discussion Topic: Racing!

Post by Trinityangel0666 »

I am not a huge fan of racing games but I have played a few in my gaming life. The only ones that I really enjoyed are Mario Kart and Twisted Metal.

What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
LordArmorBaron
Bleach was cool
Bleach was cool

Post by LordArmorBaron »

I don’t really play racing games anymore. Yet some of the racing games I did love then i was younger was Need For Speed on ps1, Mario Kart, and Midnight Club. I have fond memory of playing Midnight Club 3 and Mario Kart DS on my PSP in school with all my friends in class. (side note I did own Mario Kart on DS i just used my hacked PSP for everything before i got my Cell phone.)
xahldera
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by xahldera »

Probably a toss up between Gran Turismo, specifically GT2 and GT4 and Colin McRae Rally 2 and Colin McRae Rally 2005.
THIS IS ONLY A TEST...
xahldera/X-ray Alpha

rampant_a_i
Bigger Fan
Bigger Fan

Post by rampant_a_i »

I'm going to go with the Colin McRae Rally series -- now the Dirt and Dirt Rally series.
I used to be a big WRC and HDRA/SCORE fan. I have fallen off of that in recent years, but I still recall these games fondly.

I also love, love, love the original Crash Team Racing game on PS1.
And my sons and I still love the Burnout series.
Wherever you go... there you are.
Blackmagic4444
Colonel Exposition
Colonel Exposition

Post by Blackmagic4444 »

While Gran Turismo 2 would be a dead ringer for this spot. I got to give this one to CTR:Crash Team Racing, this game brought me and my cousins together every weekend! From us beating the adventure mode, to us trying to destroy each other in battle mode (an actual good battle mode). I'm so glad It's getting a remake!
Don't get left, just get on your good foot.
YotaruVegeta
Fan er er
Fan er er

Post by YotaruVegeta »

I was wondering if I have a favorite racing game. I've certainly played a few. The original Gran Tourismo introduced me to the simulation style race, and Need for Speed turned racing into a thrilling, cheesy, cops and robbers chase; but I dug a not nearly as well known series called Metropolis Street Racing. Xbox gamers learned about kudos in the Project Gotham Racing series, but I learned about the Kudos system (where you get style points) from MSR.

I think this was around the time when The Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift and drift racing was really popular.